Seat pedestal question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basshole82

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2013 Lowe AN160T v-hull and I'm having a tough time removing the seat pedestals from the floor sockets. It appears that the clearance between the pedestal and socket is really tight which makes them sticky so is there any kind of dry lube that could be put in the socket to loosen them up a little? I attached a picture of the pedestal.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 534
I have the same seat sockets, which came from a '96 Lowe. Mine come out relatively easily.

If and when you get them out, I've read about guys sanding the plastic insert to give a bit more clearance. It may be that the original owner never took them out much and some gunk built up. WD40 is a pretty good "gunk remover". richg99

richg99 said:
I have the same seat sockets, which came from a '96 Lowe. Mine come out relatively easily.

If and when you get them out, I've read about guys sanding the plastic insert to give a bit more clearance. It may be that the original owner never took them out much and some gunk built up. WD40 is a pretty good "gunk remover". richg99

Thanks for the help, I got them out so I think I will try sanding out the insert. Thanks again!

Latest posts