Went to refill a propane tank at the local RV dealer....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
And came home with this. Oh, and 60lbs of propane.

3jVmqXJ.jpg

Bunk house up front for the kids

nZXo4A9.jpg

Crapper for the wife and kids

BKDVHOv.jpg

Slide out queen in the back.

MOQIg6e.jpg

Looks good in my backyard.

HsJVjua.jpg

Listing price was $10k.

Saleslady dropped to $6999 immediately because she said it had been sitting a while and they wanted to get rid of it.

I told her my hard limit was $5k and that was it. She said she'd have to go talk to her boss. She came back and said he's not in, but screw it, lets do it for $5k.

$5460 with taxes and title.

Had to spend another $300 on a weight distributing hitch, and then I ordered a power cord (didn't come with a shore power cord) and a sewer hose (didn't have one of those either) and I got a nice set of wheel covers to protect from UV light.

The tires on it were shot, and we had one blow out on the way home. So I took the other 3 and swapped them onto my popup, as I had 4 total tires for the popup with 2 spares, I'd bought them from a guy on craigslist last year.

Hoping to get at least $2000 for our popup. I had one family come and look at it already, but they show up and are like "well...its pretty small and we have six kids."
WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURES?!

Looks nice! I'm actually posting this from my Class C camper at a state park in Maryland. We have a 60 pound propane tank as well. I don't think that thing will ever run out. :LOL2:

Also in case you didn't know, you can store your sewer hose (stinky slinky ) in the square bumper.
Have fun!!

edwonbass said:
Looks nice! I'm actually posting this from my Class C camper at a state park in Maryland. We have a 60 pound propane tank as well. I don't think that thing will ever run out. :LOL2:

This has 2 30's. Should be enough to last us 2 years at the rate we make trips.

About 50 years ago, we bought a 16 ft. hard sided camper. Loved it.

Made some improvements (pressure water; etc.) Bought it for $2000.00. Sold it four years later for $2000.00.

If the kids hadn't joined soccer/basketball/football teams, we would have kept it and used it for many more years. Have fun! richg99

richg99 said:
About 50 years ago, we bought a 16 ft. hard sided camper. Loved it.

Made some improvements (pressure water; etc.) Bought it for $2000.00. Sold it four years later for $2000.00.

If the kids hadn't joined soccer/basketball/football teams, we would have kept it and used it for many more years. Have fun! richg99

Yeah, I bought my popup for $2000. Fixed some rot in it, flipped the axle and put on better wheels and tires. I have someone coming to look at it for $2100.

Jim said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
If your not pooping in the woods your not camping.

Does a hotel room facing the woods count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell no!
If there's no chance of poison ivy or poison oak on your butt your not camping.

We just left a state park site with only electric hook up. I thought my wife was going to suggest we turn around and go home.
There were actual trees and bugs and dirt.

The only way to get her to go camping was to buy a camper. :D

Hey lugoismad, I finally got to look at your camper on something other than my cell phone. It looks to be in really nice shape! Nice negotiating. =D>
What is that little door up front on the street side of the camper? Is that an emergency exit for the bunks?

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
If your not pooping in the woods your not camping.

If you aren't hiking the applachian trail with nothing but a bottle of water, a compass and old sock to cover your dingdong, then its not real camping.

edwonbass said:
Hey lugoismad, I finally got to look at your camper on something other than my cell phone. It looks to be in really nice shape! Nice negotiating. =D>
What is that little door up front on the street side of the camper? Is that an emergency exit for the bunks?

I think so. Its weird, isn't it? I guess its an emergency exit. Its just like a half size door. I'm going to have to put a latch on it on the outside. My 5 year olds like to go exploring. Last year we went to a popup camper rally at Hocking Hills state park. I'm not going to lie, I imbibed a bit too much around the camp fire. Woke up out of a whiskey stupor at 4am to one of my girls making a break for it out the camper door in below freezing weather, no shoes on, nothing. She was just like "I wanted to explore!". We put a locking latch on the door after that.

Yeah, I feel like I stole the **** thing.

Nice Snag!

We bought a weekend lake place 5 years ago and sold our 4 year old 21' ultralight to some friends for $8.5K. I could have easily sold it for $11K but DW insisted. 3 months later our "Friends" got $12K for it as a trade in on a new 5th wheel. :evil:

"Let no good deed go unpunished".

Latest posts