Cajun Navy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who's been following the flooding in Louisiana has probably seen pics of the jon boats being used in rescue efforts. There surely must be tinboats.net decals on some of the boats involved. Obviously the locals have more urgent concerns than posting about what's going on but hopefully they will in time. What a mess. It's nice to see the community coming together during this disaster, including the jon boat operators. Not a usual day on the river and most likely more dangerous given all the stuff you can't see through the muddy water.

Good term for those guys helping in the rescue efforts down there! Definitely a plus having all those small boats available to help with the rescues when flooding like that happens, =D> to those guys! :beer: :USA1: to the Cajun Navy!

There's thousands of quiet heroes down in Louisiana right now, just doing what they think is right for their neighbors and community members.

This has been a year of replaced roofs, broken machines, and some health issues for me...but nothing I've encountered has come near to the catastrophes that the folks in the South are getting.

Seems like when life gets to be at its worst, people can show their best.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

On a smaller scale, the Cajun guys' help and actions remind one of the Dunkirk evacuation in WW-II. Thousands of small fishing boats crossed the English channel over and over to rescue the British soldiers trapped on the French beaches.

People do step up. richg99

I'll bet the prop and lower unit/outboard repair shops will be doing a bang-up business after this is all over.

and yet, as Rich put it, people are still steppin' up, despite the risks.

Roger

Latest posts