1969 6HP Envinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skanders01

Reaction score
Having trouble trying to search for overall dimensions for this motor. I want to know how much transom width it would take up to know if I could add it to my boat before I start shopping for one. Anyone seen a site with dimension for this or a similar Johnson? Seen any for sale recently? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

If I wanted only one motor, agreed. However. I am interested in putting two small motors on my little aluminum boat which has only about 25" of flat transom width before the corner braces obstruct mounting. Why two you may ask? Why not two? Just for the fun of it!

Ahhh, sorry about that. My psychic abilities did not kick in when reading your first post.
Ditto for the second post though. Is this going to be an aux. engine or be used with another one as primary power?
More info you give us the more accurate the answer you will have.

Absolutely no problem, Pappy. Surprised you even question yourself for not psychoanalyzing yourself for this fool'f folly.

I want to use both at the same time, one when trolling. Understand that interconnecting each to steer together is no issue, but when running two, interconnecting twist throttles together to one, tiller or remote (?) may be a challenge....but the trip there will be half the fun...even more so with assistance.

If that isn't enough of a challenge, I just bought for cheap (and probably only worth cheap) two 1954 5 1/2 green ones to restore. I will either be the talk of the lake (or fool thereof!)

Hey, thank you for the willingness to offer advice and council. Open to any and all, written or with a wrench.

Latest posts