Parker Tornado F4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Finally saved enough coins to buy my crossbow. I picked up a Parker Tornado F4. Very happy with it, fits nice and it shoots awesome. I can't wait for deer season!
a95b4f350f58da7ab661cd565e554817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember you were looking for one last year, glad to see you got one and happy hunting.
I can't see it by the pic., but on my Excalibur the string is supposed to be OFF THE RUBBER BUMPERS by 1/8-1/4". Check on that, either in your manual or on a Parker forum as to what they recommend. I have seen Excaliburs with the string pressing into the bumpers, which means the brace height isn't set correctly and also will also cause the bumpers to fail prematurely.
The Parker may be different, but if I were you I would at least check on what I'm saying. I was really vigilant on checking the brace height as the string stretched on mine, again the Parker may not be prone to what I'm talking about.

Very good! :beer:
If you can, find a forum where they discuss the Parkers. I found one for the Excalibur and there was some pretty good info. in it and was glad I read a lot of the posts. Just like "TinBoats", forums have been invaluable to me concerning a lot of things, only problem is I have notes all over on things I found, and now I just need to find the note! :lol:

When I bought my first xbow, I got an attached quiver that would hold my bolts. Didn't take me but a couple of hunts before I ditched the quiver and started taking two bolts (one on bow and one in backpack with tip guard on) with me on each trip to the stand. The quiver got in the way more than it helped and I quickly realized you don't get a second shot if you miss and if you haven't stuck a deer in two tries, you better go back to camp an check your sights. LoL

JMichael said:
When I bought my first xbow, I got an attached quiver that would hold my bolts. Didn't take me but a couple of hunts before I ditched the quiver and started taking two bolts (one on bow and one in backpack with tip guard on) with me on each trip to the stand. The quiver got in the way more than it helped and I quickly realized you don't get a second shot if you miss and if you haven't stuck a deer in two tries, you better go back to camp an check your sights. LoL

:LOL2: :beer:

Well said!

My Dad just picked up the same crossbow. How do you like it?

We planted an old 3 acre hay field in corn this year on my grandfathers property, corn is doing great. Just planted about 1/2 an acre between the standing corn and woods in a food plot over the weekend. Hoping it draws the deer in for early bow season. First time we've done either.

Jim said:
so far I'm rally happy with it. I have it almost dialed in. Next comes the broadhead test. :lol:

Sweet!!

What grain broadheads/field points are you using? What did you find the mill dots zeroed in at? 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards? Or is it something different? Just trying to get an idea for getting my Dad a little head start in getting his sighted in, and of course for when I borrow it :lol:

Out of the box it is almost dialed in for 20-30-40-50. I am trying to do 30-40-50-60.

For Broadheads I am going try Blood Therapy OCD: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41373

I purchased 3 packages of 3 and will destroy one package testing them out to 60 yards.....hopefully. :LOL2:

Haven't seen it mentioned, so what lb pull is that bow? I'm not sure about the newer stronger bows (over 150 lb) but if they shoot anything like the 150 lb, I would advise not shooting over about 45 yds. I stuck a deer at about 55 with mine once and it didn't penetrate for crap. Ended up not finding that deer until odor gave it away several days later. Haven't made that mistake again. I concentrate on 10 to 45 yds now. But, my bow is only 150 lb, so yours may be stronger and better able to make those longer shots with enough power to justify taking the shot.

Draw weight is 165lbs.

I am [strike]hoping[/strike] praying the shot is allot closer. :LOL2:

If after getting comfortable with the crossbow I don't feel confident that I can consistently hit the mark at 60 yards, I will let it walk.

Specs for the crossbow if anyone is interested: https://www.parkerbows.com/crossbows.html?action=detail&detailsku=1148

Shortly after getting my first crossbow, I learned the hard way also. Now I shoot at a different bullseye with each arrow to prevent that sort of damage.

:lol: You're learning Jim!
Now if you get one like this in the crosshairs, just try not to shake too much!!! :LOL2:

Attachments

• DSCN0137.JPG
    DSCN0137.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 940

Latest posts