Portable Generator lightning deal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who's making them (assuming same co) but I saw a white one 2 days ago that a friend has. It's 2 years old and has no issues so far. Light and quiet, and it has "smart mode" to save on fuel (idles down when no load). What I don't understand about these makers is that you can buy 2 x 2200 watt gens and parallel them for 4400 watts total for same basic price as you can buy a 3000 watt unit.

Seems pretty $$ for a 2200 watt unit

I haven't had good luck with newer BS engines.

Home Depot has a 5,500 watt Westinghouse for < $650

For the price, not bad generator for warm temperatures, however when it's colder B&S become a pita to start.
The Generac brand from HD isn't bad(Tecumseh engines).

Went back and checked the brand of the one I mentioned above. It is an Atima generator. Evidently they have increased in value substantially as he said he paid a little over five hundred 2 years ago and current price on amazon is 799. But that Briggs n Straton unit you are looking at is 625 on amazon. Evidently amazon's prices are not some of the best to be found now.

A buddy I do race weeks with has a 8 year old Champion 2000 watt inverter like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Champion...75035&wl11=online&wl12=23530684&wl13=&veh=sem. He has been running it about 300-400 hours a year for 8 years. It is IMHO the closest thing to my Honda eu2000i on the market at half the price. I personally have 4 genny's now. A Honda EX 350, a Honda eu2000i inverter, a Black Max 2100 inverter and a Champion 4000. If I ever shopped for another this is what I would buy.

Latest posts