patio umbrellas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
You'd be surprised at how many people wouldn't consider gluing two pieces of PVC together.

richg99

Yup, I did that and it fit right in the seat base of my boat. Got a new boat and it fits in the vertical rod holder that was already installed in the boat. Had it up yesterday and it was so windy in one area I had to take it down. It was like having a sail. I need a new umbrella though. The current one is so faded and has a few holes in the material. I only take it for my wife and daughter to they don't bake. The dog appreciates it too.

You can use these EMT fittings to make a perfect sun shade system for a boat:

https://www.ysbw.com/Canopy-Fittings-1-Inch-s/7.htm

I've made several different systems for boats. Cheap, Strong (unlike PVC), and easy to assemble and disassemble...
DSC01614_zps1119c112.jpg

IMG_1725_zpsdebaa22f.jpg

Later version that has stronger dual uprights ( I can go 20 mph with it deployed) elbows on the ends are rod holders for trolling, they pivot up....
IMG_0600_zpsdzd16csi.jpg

IMG_0426_zpsoxedda0w.jpg

Electric Metallic Tube (EMT) Wire Conduit

in the electrical trade...... the metal pipe that wires are run in
from box to box. Commercial Codes call for wires to be inside
metal pipe. Usually zinc coated. Residential Codes say that just
the wires can be run within the walls without protection.
Easily bend corners with a pipe bender.
very rigid and lightweight, but, will bend under stress.

Great Work Shaugh !!!

Ahhh ha ...must be similar to what we called "conduit" back in the 50's.

I had to re-wire my new Father-in-law's house and used some of it. I even owned two conduit benders way back then. thanks richg99

Thanks Johnny. I recommend using 1" diameter conduit. It's very strong and still lightweight. Super easy to cut with a tubing cutter. I can literally do a chin up on the cross bar, and I'm not small....

With that array of fittings you could build almost any structure you can imagine as fast as you can think of it. I've made greenhouses... carports.... you don't need a bender.

Shaugh said:
You can use these EMT fittings to make a perfect sun shade system for a boat:

https://www.ysbw.com/Canopy-Fittings-1-Inch-s/7.htm

I've made several different systems for boats. Cheap, Strong (unlike PVC), and easy to assemble and disassemble...
DSC01614_zps1119c112.jpg

IMG_1725_zpsdebaa22f.jpg

Later version that has stronger dual uprights ( I can go 20 mph with it deployed) elbows on the ends are rod holders for trolling, they pivot up....
IMG_0600_zpsdzd16csi.jpg

IMG_0426_zpsoxedda0w.jpg

Nice work, especially the woodwork. I really like that camper.

I built the camper because I got tired of sleeping in tents on fishing trips.
IMG_0081_zps7xmrrn2u.jpg

IMG_0077_zps4dfnv6my.jpg

Got a sink.. even a bathroom ... heater... fan.... very civilized camping now...
IMG_0008_zpsabpxwc7a.jpg

Latest posts