Splash / Spray Plates

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

Reaction score
Can you guys post up pics of how have your spray plates mounted. I used a bend piece of aluminum on my old boats. I'm working on putting one on my Grizzly and just trying to see how others have done it. No tunnel, so I can't bolt it to the top of it. I'm gonna have to bend up something I guess.

dont have a pic but on my previous boat with no tunnel i just trimmed motor all the way down then got a piece of aluminum and bent it about 2 in piece of it up and then put up against the back of boat and got the angle on it where it was barely not touching the top of the jet foot. couple of self tapping screws and silicon and was good to go.

Here's my setup, 1648 lowe flat bottom.

8504eccf8c0719bef97b9e5872751acc.jpg

This is the best pic I have of mine. I cut a round shape in it to match the pump so it would extend out farther around the sides and not hit when trimmed all the way down. Also had to bend the ends down to keep it from hitting. There is also another one you can barely make out at the top of the pic that the builder installed, it is about the bottom of the pump and is shorter.

I still had spray with the original one, so I made the new one and it cut down most of it.

Attachments

• 20140902_193011.jpg
    20140902_193011.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4,416
dhoganjr said:
This is the best pic I have of mine. I cut a round shape in it to match the pump so it would extend out farther around the sides and not hit when trimmed all the way down. Also had to bend the ends down to keep it from hitting. There is also another one you can barely make out at the top of the pic that the builder installed, it is about the bottom of the pump and is shorter.

I still had spray with the original one, so I made the new one and it cut down most of it.
Dan, do you have any measurements for your plate? I need to make a longer one too.

Mike

I will try to get them after I get home Friday. I bought a piece of scrap at Spacewalker's in Bonne Terre. I had them bend it there and I cut it to fit. I think it is .125

I've always used old road sign material to make mine. I think its .080 aluminum. It doesn't bend all that well. It sort of tears at the bend when you go beyond 90 degrees.

The grizzly is a mod-v bottom so I have a plug hole to deal with and I have to raise the plate up just a bit. Sort of like in this picture.

I've never put one on or seen one on a mod-v before that didn't have a tunnel.

Attachments

• grizzly-splash.jpg
    grizzly-splash.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 4,341
3dfe9ff3a7557935d2cd8be9b1bd987c.jpg

Had to make a longer one after adding the cmc unit.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

here is the one i had on my grizzly mounted it to my jackplate.

Attachments

• downsized_1004131715.jpg
    downsized_1004131715.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4,204

Latest posts