Why would someone put this many holes in a boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvhish486

Reaction score
Don't understand what the PO did or had mounted, but really? Unnecessary. Looks like I need to go get more epoxy puddy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,863
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,848
If the Post Office had it, could have been a gun rack or a mount to drag mail underwater until it dissolves.

how old is the boat ?
how many people had it before you ?

my 1959 Crestliner has dozens and dozens of patched holes
and replaced rivets in it from just me and my two
younger brothers adding our own personal touches to it over the years.
It comes with the territory, so to speak.
image.jpeg

just patch them up and enjoy your boating !!

I have my work cut out for me. The PO had night lights duct taped to the gunwales and posted in the outside. Man, removing old duct tape reside is not fun at all. Tried everything. Finally got it off with gasoline. That being said, sanding the inside and ready for paint. Once I get that done its framing time! :LOL2:

Why would someone vote for Hillary? Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would JB weld work on these small holes or will they eventually crack? As you can see, most of them are above the water line but I plan to repaint the interior after I fill these so I don't want to apply JB, sand it, paint over it, and it eventually mess up my paint.

Also have this Marine "amazing Goop" I Got from HomeDeopt, anyone ever use this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amazing-Goop-3-7-fl-oz-All-Purpose-Adhesive-140211/202533796

A friend of mine also gave me one of those green tube epoxy putty things that you mash together until it's white and apply it to leaks. He gave this to me when I mentioned that I discovered a few leaks in the bottom of the hull. Would this work for the holes as well?

Just don't know which application to apply to which situation. I'm thinking maybe the putty for everything?

The putty stuff is worthless. It will eventually just fall out of the hole.

The Goop is like a rubber compound. It is good for tiny spots like sealing a screw head but not for a hole. I have used it for non-boating fixes and it really doesn't work well for filling voids. If it is more than just a little bead it won't cure all the way through.

I been looking into this stuff.
SUPER ALLOY 5
https://muggyweld.com/alloy-5

Theres some videos on youtube on how to use the stuff.

I too have some holes to fill in from the PO. They decided to mount oar holders with 3 inch wood screws.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jrob238 said:
I been looking into this stuff.
SUPER ALLOY 5
https://muggyweld.com/alloy-5

Theres some videos on youtube on how to use the stuff.

I too have some holes to fill in from the PO. They decided to mount oar holders with 3 inch wood screws.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I wouldn't recommend using any of the welding rods. There not as easy to use as their ads show and if you over heat your aluminum hull you will cause more problem then you have now.

Latest posts