14' tracker Aluminum floor and carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejm2002

Reaction score
Good morning tinboat nation,

I'm new to to the forum and to jon boats just bought a 2013 14' tracker topper
I had some questions about puting a floor . I'm thinking of puting some 1" styrofoam
Sheet between the ribs and putting a 1/8" aluminum sheet on top is that a good idea?
And can u stick carpet on top of aluminum floor? If u can what's a good glue to use?
Also is it good to drill screws int rib of boat to hold floor down? I would think by drilling
Into ribs it would weakin it?

I will Appreciate any feed back

Good afternoon tinboat nation,

I had some questions about puting a floor . I'm thinking of puting some 1" styrofoam
Sheet between the ribs and putting a 1/8" aluminum sheet on top is that a good idea?
And can u stick carpet on top of aluminum floor? If u can what's a good glue to use?
Also is it good to drill screws int rib of boat to hold floor down? I would think by drilling

I cut my plywood tight, and have never had had a problem without styrofoam. I used aluminum square tubing on the edge to stabilize.

I look forward to watching your build!

ejm2002 said:
Good morning tinboat nation,

As far as I know carpet can be glued to the aluminum. That is my plan and I plan on trying a spray adhesive. I don't believe screwing into the rib will weeken it since you are going to screw the floor to it.

The glue will hold better if you sand the aluminum with 80 grit before applying it. Ill be putting hydroturf in my boat here soon and plan on using either dap weldwood or 3m super 90 to hold it down to the scuffed up aluminum deck.

-Dan

I like Weldwood Contact Cement for PERMANENT applications.
I just finished up a counter top and grabbed the "GEL" formula
without looking at the label and I don't like it . . . .
It is like smearing mayonaise - - - it sticks good, but does not flow like a liquid.
This is another case of doing your research prior to application.
also - Read, Understand and Follow the instructions on any products you may use.
Contact Cement.jpg

yea I'm gonna sand it sound like a good idea. Also doing some research on woodweld thanks .
I've been try to upload Pictures but it never come up on my post ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 2,743

Latest posts