First Jetjon build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akurtzer57

Reaction score
Been wanting build one for awhile and finally found a ski for $200 Runs as well. Its a 94 I believe waverunner 3. Its the 650cc 50hp. The boat is a 1430 SeaKing. I may find a wider 14ft or go with what I got undecided. Open to opinions if this will be to small for this motor. I mainly fish small ponds lakes with it now. The goal build Jet jon Bass boat. Deck up front and back maybe 4ft or so in middle open. Anyways heres pictures of what im working with. Ill probably fish it until gets to cold before cut it all up. Still gathering parts.

Looks like you're off to a good start. I'd put it together with what you have. You just won't be able to sit side by side. Should get about 30 MPH, which feels pretty fast when it's only 6 inches deep with rocks & stumps sticking out of the water!

CedarRiverScooter said:
Looks like you're off to a good start. I'd put it together with what you have. You just won't be able to sit side by side. Should get about 30 MPH, which feels pretty fast when it's only 6 inches deep with rocks & stumps sticking out of the water!
Im ok not sitting side by side. Im was thinking around 30mph as well. Thats plenty on this. I will most likely build some extension pieces of the transom to raise the back end up a bit with the extra weight. Its pretty close already. For the front I may do a built in livewell and cooler and small cargo door under deck.

The engine weight will be towards the center of the boat, unlike an outboard. An important weight variable is where you place the fuel tank. If you place it towards the bow, you may not need the trim tabs.

CedarRiverScooter said:
The engine weight will be towards the center of the boat, unlike an outboard. An important weight variable is where you place the fuel tank. If you place it towards the bow, you may not need the trim tabs.
Thanks for input really wont know until I start laying it all out. Trim tabs wasn't sure what they were called. Even now tho the boat is inches above the water with just me in the back.

Latest posts