Wayne Air Compressor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
A neighbor was getting rid of a very old Wayne air compressor. It's model number is F22HP from the mid 50's or older. I'm not finding too much info on Wayne compressors but they made a high quality compressor used in service stations and air brake repair shops. The one I have is kind of odd it has a small single cylinder single stage pump with a very big heavy 1/2hp 1725rpm motor and a large 40 gallon tank. All of the pictures of Wayne compressors I have seen are stationary models and this one is a portable model with steel wheels. It does run but the pump is leaking oil at the crankshaft seal and leaking oil into the tank. My plan is to have the tank hydrostatic tested and use it as a receiver tank. Then I'll clean up and paint the pump, motor and mount them on finished oak base for display.

richg99 said:
Should be nice, though I don't have the extra space for such a large display. It is a shame that you cannot repair the oil leak easily.

richg99
I don't have the space to keep it when it is fully assembled. The tank if its safe to use is going under some shelving in my garage and the pump and motor will be on display in my dads wood working shop with his antique and vintage tools.

Latest posts