Hurricane Mathew

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblejohn

Reaction score
This one looks like it could give us some trouble here in central and south Florida. I've been here since '51 so this is nothing new, but there is reason to be concerned and prepare as much as possible. When Charlie came through, we had a tornado come within a few blocks of us. The family gathered in the center of the house, and I brought the chainsaw with me so we could get out if the house was destroyed. We found shingles in the yard from houses blocks away, but no damage to ours. Hope luck stays with us on this one. Also a few prayers wouldn't hurt.

May God see us through,

John

Yes, I am watching it hoping it turns out to sea and spares the coast. I went through Hugo in 89 and it ravaged us pretty good. I do not want another one. I fear the ones who would have evacuated will not do so now because of the hurricane Floyd fiasco in 99. As hurricane Floyd was approaching people were trying to evacuate and the department of transportation here in SC refused to open the inbound interstate lanes to outbound traffic causing people to be stuck on the interstate for hours. I believe they were stuck for like up to 10-15 hours if I remember correctly. Because of that the people said they would not try to evacuate if another hurricane came. Good Luck and Batten down the hatches.

Thoughts & prayers with you folks down there - that is a nasty looking storm coming in at the worst possible angle.

it will be like a dump truck hitting a parking lot . . . .

direct hit = one or two cars demolished

a running swipe down the row demolishes 100 cars.

definately a bad scenerio.

a few months ago I was looking at a new house in Titusville, FL on the coastal range.
that area is now "ground zero" for the worst weather. Thankfully, I passed on that one.
a couple of members on this forum are closer to the coast than I am......
I wish them well and safety. God Speed to all Floridians, Georgians and Carolinians.
This is by far not my first rodeo - but some of the folks in my neighborhood still have
not picked up loose debris around their house. I am ready..... a 4x8' plywood
over my front picture window on the front, a suitcase packed for a week of travel
in case my home is not habital for some reason, box full of Ramen Noodles, water,
and a gas stove LOL.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Just an update. I made it through this hurricane OK. My home is not damaged at all. Just leaves scattered all over the yard. One of my vehicles is damaged on the roof. Looks to me something fell on it. I do not know what fell on it. I had a car cover on it and when I took the cover off I found the damage. It would be good if everyone here came through this storm at least better than I did.

Latest posts