My Retractable Anchor Pole

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank R

Reaction score
I just posted my first YouTube video! It shows the retractable anchor pole I built for my kayak. I thought some of you guys here might be interested in it for your jon boats.

https://youtu.be/GpVkd1XextU

P.S. Been a lurker for years on this site. The city made me get rid of my boat so I fish from a kayak now.

The city made you get rid of your boat?? We should expect to see more of this kind of thing in the future I am guessing.

That is slick but a little over kill for me.

My limited experience with a number of "stick anchor" type setups is that you are better to have a little "give" in your pole or at least in the tie-up rope/bungee.

Solid poles or fittings pull out too easily with wave and wind action constantly jerking on the connection.

Happened many times with my old Carolina Skiff and with my yaks.

richg99

Great idea, and great execution!

I don't see why something like this couldn't hold a decent sized jon boat. In my neck of the woods I see quite heavy bay boats with 200+ hp motors being held with powerpoles. They all use fiberglass spikes.

Fishizzle said:
I don't see why something like this couldn't hold a decent sized jon boat.

I agree. It would hold a small jon boat as is. You could even mount two.

A larger boat would need the components to be up-scaled. You could then use a 3/4 inch fiberglass pole.

Latest posts