35hp Merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomme boy

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these? Have a chance to get one fairly cheap but it needs a starter and carb cleaned

I have a manual for older Merc motors up to 40 hp. 1968-1986 1 and 2 cylinder. Let me know if I can copy some pages and email them to you.

84 long shaft electric start and PT+T. Looks really good but does not run. Guy was trying to get it running and starter went out. Said it ran then died when starter went out. Wondering if parts are hard to find? And what normally goes wrong on these motor? He wants 300$ for it.

Somebody gave me a 20hp Merc of the same era. Same problem. It would only run if you kept squeezing the bulb. It had been rebuilt at a local technical college on an O/B mechanics course. Problem was the gasket to the carb was upside down so there was no vacuum to run the fuel pump.

Also may need new fuel pump. Starter probably requires quite a bit of cranking power as the 35s have a lot of opposing compression. They're a ******* to rope start, I have one that is rope start.

Latest posts