Three in one knot tyer. Any comments?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Had a decent fish pull off this morning. Not the first time lately. It definitely was my poorly tied knot that pulled loose.

My 77-year-old hands don't seem to be able to properly tie even an improved clinch knot without some issues.

I heard about knot tying tools. Wondering about this one. Ratings seem pretty good on Amazon.

Any help appreciated. richg99

https://amzn.to/2doMuUB

205-3-964-000014n__1__01980.1461208662.500.500.jpg

Try a palomar knot. Much easier to tie than an improved clinch and much stronger. Ive never lost a fish due to this knot and i dont "hulk" it while jamming the knot either.

FWIW I've never had a knot tied with a Palomar Knot slip or break at the connection point, even when I'd rig up toona hardware using up to 100# test (anything heavier used crimped connections).

Only thing is, due to the tying sequence, you need to 'drop' the lure or swivel or lure through the loop formed, so it is not ideal for big tackle.

But Rich, that's why I've been trying those hardware/quick-disconnect clips.

I'm picturing Norman McLean tying on his fly at the end of "A River Runs Through It".

Ictalurus said:
I'm picturing Norman McLean tying on his fly at the end of "A River Runs Through It".
Funny ... now I'm picturing Norm from Cheers 'tying one on' at the bar ... whilst discussing his infamous 'Buffalo Theory'.

Any luck with this gizmo yet? I'm interested in it for my fishing buddy at the other end of the age spectrum (my 4 yr old) to maybe give him a way to tie a lure on without my involvement.

Looks pretty handy. Especially for getting the line through the eye with smaller rigs.

[youtube]DxZUptwiZgg[/youtube]

I received it about two weeks ago. But, since that time my fishing has taken a back seat to our moving back to Texas.

I did sneak in an unsuccessful striper trip. No time or need for me to be tying any knots on that outing.

I'll get at it in a week or so. Sorry for the delay.

richg99

That thing would be FANTASTIC for fall/winter fishing when you really really really don't want to take your gloves off to switch baits...oh my god...i'm ordering something off what is in effect a youtube based info-mercial NOOOOO I'M THAT GUY!!!!

Fall....Winter....Gloves....?????
What does that mean? You mean it isn't 60 degrees everywhere in January? You actually have to use G L O V E S ?

Wow, I learn something every day on this site.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
( I actually grew up in Chicago...I do know all about Winter...)

Just joshing you.

richg99

I fish until I can no longer break up the ice around the boat launch or the launch is blocked by piled up snow - which ever happens first.

the canoe man knot ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loHBmCrT_-w )

• put the tag end through the eye of the hook/swivel/whatever

underhand loop the main line

pinch the loop

underhand loop the main line again

put 2nd underhand loop through 1st one

put tag end through 2nd under hand loop that was passed through 1st one

cinch

it's very easy to tie with gloved hands in the dark, it's a loop knot so it gives your lure added motion as well, it's also weedless (note how the tag end faces the lure & not the mainline)

Canoeman_Loop_Fishing_Knot.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest posts