How would you mount this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
How would you mount this tm? You see what I'm thinking it's build a frame with 2x2s and cut the ply to fit and paint. The back of the trolling motor would be lagged into the 2x2. Then I'd have to move my lowrance 4 head up there but there's no problem with that. Only real issue is I keep the anchor down in the bow.

a V nose limits your options.
in your circumstance, you will have to make a new bow deck
just big enough to adequately support the TM.
I would suggest 1/8" aluminum if you can find it.
or - properly preserved and finished 1/2" plywood.
skip the 2x2 wood frame and go with aluminum angle for supports.
something like this example.
then, you need to figure out your bow lights to show above the TM at night.
TM mount.jpg
TM.jpg

This is how she lays right now.... If it's solid, I'm OK with this angle because the deck space is so large.

in my world, yes, that would work.
again, I suggest aluminum angle bolted to the hull sides
for support - the more the better - and off you go !!

make a cardboard template of the TM mount that attaches to the deck.
make another cardboard template of a new bow deck.
lay it on a table and figure out what will work best for you.

consider the possibility of extending the floor all the way
to the front of the bow under the new deck to store your anchor.
make a little brace to keep it from sliding backwards.
again, using aluminum angle for braces and brackets.

Attachments

• TM.jpg
    TM.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 921
Your last pictures look fine to me. I might angle the TM a bit more to keep the Control Handle just about even with the gunnel (just to save some interior space).

I have no idea what ...."I keep the anchor down in the bow."...means or how it would affect what you are doing.

Are you saying it will be more difficult to pull the anchor out, due to the extended decking? If so consider putting the anchor in a small plastic bucket. Attach a piece of PVC to the handle of the bucket and pull everything out with that. ????

regards, richg99

i boxed mine in with aluminum sheet and used 1 inch square tube for vertical supports and added a hinged door to store my anchors and drift bag.i used a men working sign i "borrowed" from work.

Attachments

• 20160514_063636.jpg
    20160514_063636.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 867
  • 20160514_063614.jpg
    20160514_063614.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 867
That looks **** good!

Here's where I'm at, trying to rush it with materials I have, 3/4 ply, 2x2s for bracing. Boosting season is coming to a quick close here in Nebraska but I may be able to squeeze another 6 trips or so if I can go ahead and get this solid. Then I have all winter to play with it.

I'm seriously about to coat all that with a coat of exterior paint and then lag the entire set up to the existing bench, I can just keep the anchor under the deck and pull it out as needed, I have tons of deck space!

Latest posts