2016 official Trail Camera Thread

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
panFried said:
Wish me luck fellas, I'm sitting over my hot camera. #myViewNow
Funny nothing happen there but I could see the deer chasing in the other plot that night! Oh well you gotta go with your best chances and they can't all be right.

panFried said:
I have a wild game innovations $40 special. I would love better but I can't guarantee it will still be there. I use video mode (30sec) and only have a 2gb card. I get about 80-100 videos depending on day vs night. And I change batteries once a month minimum given the activity level. I am thinking I have seen it go a good 2-3 mos before changing sometimes.

Changed the settings on both cameras yesterday to take 30 second videos with a delay of 3 minutes before the next trigger. Anxious to see how the videos turn out.

that video should be called "lamb chops, its whats for dinner". we had a random 200# pot bellied pig that was wandering the woods where i hunt. only saw the thing on trail cameras. no one ever saw it while we were hunting.

lovedr79 said:
that video should be called "lamb chops, its whats for dinner". we had a random 200# pot bellied pig that was wandering the woods where i hunt. only saw the thing on trail cameras. no one ever saw it while we were hunting.
I use to hunt with a friend that had the hunting rights to about 120 acres. Across the road from him was another hunting camp. They had thousands of acres to hunt and these guys were known to trap black bears. They would from time to time, trap a bear, then, using a few aerosol cans of blaze orange, they would "decorate" the bear and turn it lose. The whole town seemed to get a laugh when out of town hunters would come in to the local cafe or gas station trying to explain the strange things they saw going through the woods. :lol: Most unexpected thing I've seen while on stand was a group of about 25 cows walking past me in single file one morning. Had no idea there was a cow anywhere near these woods when they came walking by. And it seemed like it took all morning for them all to get past me.

JMichael said:
lovedr79 said:
I use to hunt with a friend that had the hunting rights to about 120 acres. Across the road from him was another hunting camp. They had thousands of acres to hunt and these guys were known to trap black bears. They would from time to time, trap a bear, then, using a few aerosol cans of blaze orange, they would "decorate" the bear and turn it lose. The whole town seemed to get a laugh when out of town hunters would come in to the local cafe or gas station trying to explain the strange things they saw going through the woods. :lol: Most unexpected thing I've seen while on stand was a group of about 25 cows walking past me in single file one morning. Had no idea there was a cow anywhere near these woods when they came walking by. And it seemed like it took all morning for them all to get past me.

back home we hunt with dogs, one afternoon i was in a stand on the edge of a 600 acre cut over. 1 dog was running something towards me, slowly. bark here bark there, bae here and there. sounded like a freight train coming through the edge of the woods. it was the hunt club presidents cow that had been out for a few days. i announced over the CB that i found his cow, dog was chasing it and it was coming for me. we are gonna have steak tonight. club president responded with "thats my daugthers $10K show cow. we didnt have steaks that night. i wouldnt have shot it but the thought was there and the gun was up until i saw what it truly was.

Latest posts