1984 Bass Tracker II rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soc11Lee

Reaction score
Hello guys... I have a 1984 Bass Tracker 2 and it is in need of a facelift (new deck new paint etc.) I have already started removing pieces but I am stuck at removing the livewell/seat's has anybody here had any experience in removing livewell/seats before?

Attachments

• 20161125_172930.jpg
    20161125_172930.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,840
  • 20161125_181955.jpg
    20161125_181955.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,840
They are the original and never removed to my knowledge the boat was my grandfather's... I am wanting to remove the entire livewell/seat. They are not riveted down and I'm assuming they just pullout but I can't seem to get them to move...

There has to be some hidden rivets or screws somewhere. Is the livewell plumbing disconnected? Also is there any foam under there that they might be sticking to?

I went ahead and peeled back the aluminum siding which I was trying to avoid and found the livewell's are actually welded in at the fill pipe.. #-o I appreciate all the quick replies...

i used to own the same boat... as you stated my live wells were welded to the fill/drain tubes and without cutting them there was no way to remove. I left them where they were and built around them. you can check out my build or feel free to ask any questions..

"Bass Tracker III." in my signature

inlovewithsurfin said:
i used to own the same boat... as you stated my live wells were welded to the fill/drain tubes and without cutting them there was no way to remove. I left them where they were and built around them. you can check out my build or feel free to ask any questions..

"Bass Tracker III." in my signature

Thank You I will probably take you up on that offer... Did you have a forum going for your rebuild??

[/quote]Thank You I will probably take you up on that offer... Did you have a forum going for your rebuild??[/quote]

yes i do... check my "signature" for all of my builds but here is the direct link to my old bass tracker:

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29582

Latest posts