New project 14ft Meyers V Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: baby tin was adopted. Mama glass was not too happy at first but seems ok with it.

The problem is now I am back at home and looking at an empty garage!!!

I guess I could clean it up now....

I just put another (new to me) trolling motor on. Had to install an access plate to properly bolt it down. My shop looks like a bomb went off in it. It will have to wait until tomorrow. I am bushed.

Ha Ha richg99

Finally took the boat out for real yesterday. Had my wife with me.

It went pretty well.

This was the first time I ran it under power.

It did not get on plane, which I expected. But I think the trolling motor and battery in the bow is just too much for this boat. I was concerned about this and mentioned it earlier.

I could get it to about 10 mph and there was more throttle left in the motor but it was just pushing the waves too hard. I was afraid if we were to hit a wake (even at a slower speed) that we may spear a wave.

I am ok with that speed but the bow rail is just too close to the water for comfort.

So I have a couple choices. Just take it off, forget it and sell it. That was my first thought.

But I really like the motor and want to use it!

So before I can the whole thing, I am going to try it next time just by myself, since then I am more serious about my fishing and not tooling the wife around. She likes to fish but not like I do LOL

If it seems ok while I am alone I will get a quick release mount and just take it (and the battery) off when I go with her.

Other than that it felt comfortable and stable enough so I am happy overall

Here are a few pics just back from the lake at our vac home (its a mfg home but we call it our cabin!!!)

20160521_171059.jpg

20160521_171227.jpg

richg99 said:
Sounds like a plan. You probably don't need the TM when she is just going riding along.

Keep us posted. richg99

no and when she fishes its just with a bobber anyway. She did not even want me getting up and setting up the trolling motor, which did not surprise me

she is used to my big boat, she needs to get her sea legs on this little one lol

Perhaps move the battery to the back, and *** pods? Thats what I want to do, then really add some power to my boat hahaha[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

derekdiruz said:
Perhaps move the battery to the back, and *** pods? Thats what I want to do, then really add some power to my boat hahaha[emoji16]

I dont want to add any more weight to the back of the boat

as far as adding pods, thats out. I dont want to exceed the design limits of the boat more than I already have.

If it came to that I would just get something else

this will work fine

finally got a chance to try the boat with just me in it. This is at a small lake by my cabin.

The wind was ripping pretty good and I did not have a lot of time but I did get to try it out.

It was a lot better, I could get it on plane and it will be fine. Its a bit tippy when I walk up to the bow to set the trolling motor etc

I dont know how guys put casting decks on these little boats, I could not imagine standing on one.. or that I would even need one

here are a few pics.

20160612_083626.jpg

20160612_084822.jpg

no

there was too much wind to even launch at the lake I was planning on fishing.

This is a tiny lake that I found on a map, by the time I get there and launched I did not have much time. So I motored around checking things out then left

It does have some good potential. I will be back there soon.

No houses on it and I was the only boat on it

I need to get my rod holders on so I can at least troll around while checking things out on all these little hidden lakes

I love it. I have a casting deck on mine that I just completed, as you've seen, and have no regrets. Though, over the winter I'm seriously thinking I will gut the boat, seal it with steel flex and gluv it (as I've found a few small leaks) and put a floor in it to make it nicer for duck hunting. I think I'll only have hatches that are very shallow to allow for storage of a fishing net or paddles. (The main purpose though is to be able to access the seams below in event of leaking

yeah my floor is not screwed down for the same reason. All I have to do is unscrew the 2 side compartments and the passenger seat and I can lift it out of there if needed and I wont be wrecking anything in the process

another pic in her current state. I think rod holders are about the last thing I have yet to install. Oh and a quick release mount for the bow mount

20160611_172227.jpg

Bobthebuilder said:
Nice layout, good use of space and it looks good as well.

thanks

I think if I was to do it again I may have reduced the size of the side compartments, maybe even eliminate one. I really don't need all that storage space for how I use the boat

And I still feel like I am sitting on the boat and not in it. But that goes with the territory with such a shallow draft.

But it is a lot more comfortable for me with my long legs. Before I did it I felt like I was crouching on the bench seat and my legs would cramp and my knees would lock up lol

I just would like something bigger, I think a deep 16 ft would great. I may sell this at some point and get one.

had some time over the holiday so I got a chance to really run her around. I was by myself on a different lake that is bigger so I could open her up and she what she would do

It did get up on plane and I was able to do 14 mph on the GPS which was fine with me. Felt comfortable and stable but as you can see in this pic the lake could not have been flatter.

And I was the only one on it except for a few paddle boarders for about 2 hours.

Got a few little perch but no keepers. Will be heading to a better fishing lake next time out!

Bow mount also worked real well, glad I kept it.

20160704_081404.jpg

Latest posts