newbie with '73 25hp Evinrude carb question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nccatfisher said:
You still may have a problem. If you just applied the choke to start and then took it off and immediately had a fouled plug I am guessing you will find you have either a rich low fuel/air setting or ignition problems. You stated you were going to try starting with no choke. Good luck with that.

Thanks for the ideas, i will fiddle around with the mixture and see what happens. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the ignition that you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkc118 said:
nccatfisher said:
You still may have a problem. If you just applied the choke to start and then took it off and immediately had a fouled plug I am guessing you will find you have either a rich low fuel/air setting or ignition problems. You stated you were going to try starting with no choke. Good luck with that.

Thanks for the ideas, i will fiddle around with the mixture and see what happens. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the ignition that you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would first get it running again with new plugs if it appears to be running rich idling I would reset that low speed setting. Then I would see if I had anymore issues with plug fouling. Next I would start at the points/condenser, check them for pitting and proper setting. Or just go ahead and replace them if they were not replaced when you took it to the mechanic.

Latest posts