Bone Broth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What the heck is Bone Broth? What do you use it for? Lastly, Why is it so expensive? :LOL2:

https://amzn.to/2uXnRYC

911pTqjncQL._SL1500_.jpg

This stuff is the best. Our family is one of those health conscious ones that spends way too much on groceries every month. We have tried all the organic bone broths and this stuff is the best.

There is really no comparison in terms of taste. I don't know how they do it, but there are subtle hues in the flavor profile that are just so good. We use this broth as a base in vegetable and meat soups, but recently I have been drinking it straight. Warmed up in a cup it is just so good to sip on. It might seem kind of weird, but try it, it is sooooo good. The finest consomme. I also use it to cook grains like rice or quinoa to make them protein rich and super delicious.

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Amazon "reviews"

What a strange Amazon listing. It reads like an infomercial, but the product is just broth.

"Bone broth's unique nutrition properties are the reason why professional athletes (Kobe Bryant, Joakim Noah), celebrities (Gwyneth Paltrow, Salma Hayek) and health-conscious individuals everywhere are incorporating it into their daily health and recovery routines."

Ah yes. My diet has definitely been lacking in the celebrity-endorsed broth category.

The three "Health Thought Leaders," who are so influential that they don't even have their own Wiki entries, seem to speak in marketing terms. Strange.

I use Roasted Beef Base by Better than Bullion. First ingredient is beef. If you want nice, natural, gelatinous beef stock, your only choice is to make it yourself.

I learned making homemade broth and stock from my grandmother.
making soup bones (which were free) to last longer by cracking them
with a hammer and boiling them for hours and hours to "render" the marrow
out. then at the end, throw in some scrap beef with fat and some veggies, salt n pepper.
avoid potatoes as they act as a thickener (unless you want a thick stock).
let stand to cool, skim off the floating junk, throw that away.
strain through a cloth, throw the remainder away.
I saw on one of the cooking shows where you bake the bones in the oven for a few hours
then do the same process as above. that may be how this company achieves that "unique flavor".
when I was a youngster, all our beef was free range with a side diet of leftover orange pulp
from the local citrus canning factory. (they dumped the pulp waste for free in local pastures for cattle feed).

all 100% organic !!!!

Jim - I would challenge you to get some beef shanks, (6-8), bake them in the oven a few hours,
flavor with your favorite beef spices . . . . combine your choice of ingredients with filtered water into
into a large stock pot . Cook the mixture for 20-24 hours at 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Adding fresh water
as needed to maintain the level above the bones. This provides enough time for the marrow,
collagen and amino acids time to render out into the broth. Strain several times through a clean t-shirt.
ask your family and friends to compare it to the commercially available varieties.
if you make a big pot full, you can freeze it in pint size zip-top bags.

to think people are dumb enough to buy it. I haven't ever made beef broth as I rarely have enough beef bones to do so. Usually only buy beef for good steaks pretty well substitute deer for beef in nearly everything. But I do love making turkey broth after the holidays from all the turkey bones left over. I've always wondered how deer broth might turn out, or if it would be garbage, anyone with experience on that? I've never had an exact science to my broth just put the bones in a pot with lots of fresh garlic, salt, pepper, lots of sliced onion, carrots, and celery let it boil for a long while. Pull out the bones and veggies leave in the scrap meat love using the homemade turkey broth for a homemade tortilla soup recipe I got off my mom. I always let the dog have the left over veggies usually likes them since they soak up some of the turkey flavors.

kind of what I thought, but who knows maybe it would be good. Might have to try and make some if I get a deer this season.

Latest posts