16 ft Jumbo V summer project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubled up on the panels for the front hatch. The lift support works better than expected.
https://www.amazon.com/Apexstone-22-5lb-Spring-Support-Shocks/dp/B01AHHCHBK/ref=pd_sbs_201_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01AHHCHBK&pd_rd_r=GRJ0HZ9MVQ6YSGQSRCGC&pd_rd_w=2HBR6&pd_rd_wg=GsHQf&psc=1&refRID=GRJ0HZ9MVQ6YSGQSRCGC

N3exEX3l.jpg

I hope the fish appreciate all this work.

O56S0kSl.jpg

Thanks guys. I just hope the fish don't move away before it's done.

Today I cut in a vertical hatch to use all that space under the bow. Been looking around for a bow light and socket without much luck. Those stick-on strips looked good and then found out they're not approved by the coast guard I guess. It needs to be the post type higher than the trolling motor.

Re "Barrel distortion". Pretty much every camera, other than "view" cameras, have that issue. Don't worry about it.

Most people who view digital pictures are so used to it that they don't even see it.

Got the floor in up where the batteries go and added more foam up front so it'll have more than it did from the factory.

Also mocked up a shifter handle using 1/2" 6016T6 rod from Onlinemetals and then bored out two galvanized nuts between nylon washers. I'm thinking the inside nut will get JB Weld and the outside one will get a pin. Connecting the shifters with 1/4 aluminum rod from Lowes and two female rod end bearings from Carnell Sales. The shifter handle is from Crowley. Total parts about $40. Trying not to put new holes in the steering bracket.

I expect to be fishing in 2 or 3 years. Heh.

cvPswWth.jpg

Latest posts