Schukster 1976 Lund 14

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

I added some rod holders. For rod storage I attached the Du-Bro rings to the seat strap brackets. I also added some Cannon Downrigger Rod Holder brackets to hold rods while fishing or trolling.
0326161718.jpg
I have added an electric bow trolling motor with a quick release mount. The bow bracket on my Lund was convex which arched higher than the bow shelf that I attached previously. I created a wood shim plate that I covered with left over vinyl to provide a flat surface to put the quick release tm bracket.
0326161703.jpg
0326161658.jpg
Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishguymatt_

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by fishguymatt_ »

How do you like the rear (captains) seat in the middle? I am doing a similar build and have always liked the rear seat off to the side for an easy reach with my tiller arm....I would offset the front seat floor mount too to level it out... planning on putting 2 additional mounts for post type seats like you have in the front of yours.

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

fishguymatt_ wrote:How do you like the rear (captains) seat in the middle?.
I actually have two seat bases on the rear seat. As you stated, I like to sit off to the side when I use the tiller arm.

Regards
0331161249a-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by schukster on 31 Mar 2016, 19:06, edited 2 times in total.

fishguymatt_

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by fishguymatt_ »

Nice! that what I was wondering, I am pulling alot of ideas from your build for mine, thanks man! I am going to go w the 2 options in the front and back as well, cheers!

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

I've been working on wiring the lights and trolling motor. I ended up putting my battery under the bow shelf. The tm has a minn kota plug so I can easily remove it when I want.

I bought a RV electrical panel door that I installed on the right side compartment that contains my switch and fuse panel. The door isn't very heavy duty, so I'll have to see how it holds up.
0410161654a.jpg
0410161722a.jpg
Because the tm covers the spot where I would normally have my navigation lights, I bought a navigation pole light that fits into a socket that I mounted on the bow shelf. I also added a volt meter and 12v plug receptacle on the side of the bow shelf. I have a cheap fish finder that came with the boat that I am going to attach a 12v plug to use with that receptacle.
0410161701.jpg
0410161724.jpg
I would like to say that I am done with the conversion, but I don't think anybody is ever really done. Here is how the boat looks now.
0410161744b.jpg
Last edited by schukster on 11 Apr 2016, 17:09, edited 2 times in total.

perchjerker

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by perchjerker »

wow very nice work Lyle!!
my build 1976 14ft Meyers V hull

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40127

hbouldin1216

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by hbouldin1216 »

Love what you did with the bow section. Any chance you have more pictures of how you did that battery box up front?

I've cut a section running forward of the front bench and have plans to turn it into an anchor locker, but I would really love to put the trolling battery up there too. Right now it is in the middle bench but I have a bait tank there too, and I had to remove a lot of foam.

mtntop

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by mtntop »

very nice write up and I liked the attention to detail and clean look!

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

hbouldin1216 wrote:Love what you did with the bow section. Any chance you have more pictures of how you did that battery box up front?
Thanks.
20170517_181957.jpg
The face of the bow shelf comes off after removing a couple of screws. I have a Battery Tender cord attached to the battery posts so I find that I don't need to get into the battery compartment very often. I was always going to find some thumb screws in case I ever needed to get into the compartment while I was on the lake.
20170517_182142.jpg
The area under the bow shelf is just a continuation of the casting platform. I don't have a battery box. I just have some cleats that hold the battery in place. I am a fair weather fisherman on a relatively small inland lake so I haven't experience big waves. I probably should tether the battery down with some web strapping. However, its a pretty snug fit and there isn't a lot of space for it to bounce around.

20170517_182251.jpg
The top bow shelf rests on and is fastened to a pair of cleats that I bolted to the side of the bow. If I had to do it over, I would have the bow shelf a little bit higher so I wouldn't have needed the shim board for my trolling motor mount.
Last edited by schukster on 19 May 2017, 18:29, edited 2 times in total.

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

mtntop wrote:very nice write up and I liked the attention to detail and clean look!
Thanks for your comment.

Here are a couple of pictures of things that I have added this spring.

I added some flush mount brackets for my Cannon rod holders on the top of the bow shelf. I use an extension post for the one shown on the left to strap my tm shaft to so it doesn't bounce around. The picture shows the storage area under the front casting deck.
20170517_182812.jpg

Below, I also added a hinge lid for the side compartment shown on the left. There isn't a lot of space in that compartment but I found you can never have too many nooks and crannies for storage. I also bought a basket that I attached to a bracket that I made from an old license plate. The bracket slips over the 2x4 horizontal frame and I can move it to either side compartment. I added a second RV electrical panel door on the opposite side. I use that storage area for my fish finder.
20170517_183120.jpg

Something else I added was a mount for a manual shallow water anchor. I used a flag pole holder for the mount and some pvc pipe. I use an 8 foot 3/4 inch fiberglass pole. I have used the anchor on some calm days on our lake and it worked great. I'm not sure how much stress it will handle. It was a fairly cheap project.
20170517_183242.jpg

DiveLiberty

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by DiveLiberty »

Nice, clean build!

I was wondering if you happen to remember what brand your seats were? They look pretty nice and would like to look into them for my boat.

Thanks!
16' 1973 Crestliner Rebuild (in progress): https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=43109

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

DiveLiberty wrote:Nice, clean build!

I was wondering if you happen to remember what brand your seats were? They look pretty nice and would like to look into them for my boat.

Thanks!
Thanks for the comment.

They are Tempress NaviStyle high back. They come in various colors. Tempress also has a shorter back style as well. I think they are very comfortable and worth the money.

S

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

DiveLiberty

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by DiveLiberty »

Wooee I've got an eye for quality I guess. You get what you pay for on boat seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
16' 1973 Crestliner Rebuild (in progress): https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=43109

schukster

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by schukster »

DiveLiberty wrote:Wooee I've got an eye for quality I guess. You get what you pay for on boat seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image I got the solid light grey one as an open box special on Amazon for $80. I liked the quality so I bought the two tone grey at regular price. If you look around you can sometimes find them around $110. Otherwise they are normally around $125 or higher.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

thomasdgs

Schukster 1976 Lund 14

Post by thomasdgs »

I really appreciate the attention to detail in your build and your records of it. Now that I see your inset bow plate, I really like that look more than my bow plate, which is above the gunwales. I also like how you didnt build the startboard side box all the way to the rear bench, give some leg room when running the tiller.

A couple of questions for you.. How is the interior paint holding up? Seeing how yours turned out makes me realize I really need to do my interior paint before completing my build. Do you feel that mounting the battery so high in the bow made the boat more susceptible to listing?

I will likely have more questions for you in the future. Great to see another 14' Lund build.