Valco P14 center seat removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasbrown

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to posting on the forum. Have been lurking for a while. I have a question that I know has been asked and answered many times, but wanted to see if anyone had make/model specific experience.

First let me say the boat is used on only one waterway, a small, lazy spring fed river with a 5mph speed limit, and always only carries one or two fishermen. It has a Mercury 15hp 4-stroke and trolling motor. I'd like to remove the center seat because it is just in the way and is never used. I intend to put a cooler in the middle to sit on, if needed, when fishing alone. I'd like to get opinions whether its necessary to add structural support because of the removed seat given it's calm water and low mph use.

I knowingly understand that I'll bee removing the flotation from the boat, as I have already done to all the seats. I find its just easier to clean.

Thanks,
Randy

You are going to remove the center bench seat because it is never used then put a cooler there to sit on? :shock: :shock: (Only kidding)

I don't have any specialized knowledge in this area but if it were me I would worry about the structure. Some address this by putting back a wider gunnel or shear piece along the hull from the rear to front seats.

Hi rasbrown,
I'm looking to do the same thing. I'm thinking about just cutting out the middle of the bench, leaving the two sides for support , capping the ends, and dropping in the cooler inside an aluminum frame.
I know a 14 foot boat is tough to find space for a cooler :D

Attachments

• 20180209_185238.jpg
    20180209_185238.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,359

Latest posts