fish tacos

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyandy

Reaction score
so nothing crazy new here but first time I tried it with catfish. The lady looked up a recipe for fish fajitas tacos whatever you wanna call them. We've made fish tacos before, but I usually stuck with nice flaky fish like crappie, sauger, walleye, or even wipers which usually taste pretty good on the grill. I've never been a big fan of catfish on the grilled always pretty well reserved for being battered and fried. But she found somewhere suggesting to marinate it in lime juice and garlic.

I grilled the fish on the old charcoal webber grill with some foil on the grate to keep it from falling through. Oiled the foil with olive oil before putting the fish on seasoned it with adobo, some cummin, some oregano, and pepper that's my go to combo for mexican seasoning on near every meat for fajitas/tacos. She sauteed the veggies in sliced bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. She made up some sauce consisting of a little chili powder, cummin, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and sour cream. After grilling the fish crumbled it put on corn tortillas with the sauteed veggies the sauce I put some hot sauce on mine man it was good.

=D> I will most definitely give it a try. Tacos and any food that swims. Two things I really enjoy haha

sorry no pics looked what you would expect white flakey fish on a tortilla with pico and creamy sauce with some lettuce

handyandy said:
sorry no pics looked what you would expect white flakey fish on a tortilla with pico and creamy sauce with some lettuce
:LOL2:

Fresh Fish tacos are my kryptonite. If we go out anywhere and they are on the menu, that is what I am getting.

Jim said:
handyandy said:
:LOL2:

Fresh Fish tacos are my kryptonite. If we go out anywhere and they are on the menu, that is what I am getting.

the first time i went to san diego my buddy thought there was something wrong with me. i ate fish tacos EVERYDAY.

Latest posts