scotty rod holder's?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignantmike

Reaction score
hello, so a got 2 rod holders from a neighbor....scotty brand with the rail adapter's....the boat I have is a '74 mirrocraft 14 footer....with the rolled over gunnel's.....I know the easiest thing is to buy the clamp mount's....but, I have a lot of old plumbing pipe and elbow's and was thinking this would work?......just not sure how to attach it to the boat's gunnel's?......any idea's???...thank's

Just buy the proper bases for what you need.. either side mount to the hull below the gunnel or top mount to the bench

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yeah the side mounts are cheap and they just work right. So much easier than trying to piece something together.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

x2 on the Scotty side mounts. When you say you have a rounded gunnel, I expect that you will need a spacer between the side mount and the hull. Reason is the radius of the gunnel will interfere with inserting the rod holder into the side mount. Not a big deal. Almost anything will work. Easiest might be to cut a piece off of a cutting board. Depending on your living situation, you might have to pretend you don't know why the cutting board seems smaller.

My gunnel is not the perect size for the base, and I didn't want them above it. It interferes with the boat cover. So, an aluminum angle provides enough vertical meat to attach to, and does not add much height.
Sometimes the little simple modifications are the best.

Attachments

• 2018-07-26 10.36.04.jpg
    2018-07-26 10.36.04.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,555

Latest posts