Alumacraft 1648 NCS electric reservoir boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MD_Electric_Bass said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Would love to see a video of this boat in action! Very cool!

Hoping to get it out tomorrow or next weekend. I'll try to remember to get some video while I'm out there.

And GPS it please! I would like to know how fast it goes.

Forgot video during my test run today, but I'll be sure to get some next time out.

stinkfoot said:
MD_Electric_Bass said:

Hoping to get it out tomorrow or next weekend. I'll try to remember to get some video while I'm out there.

And GPS it please! I would like to know how fast it goes.

GPS on the Helix DI Unit said 6.0 MPH for top speed, but I was a little hesitant to go full throttle first time out, so may have a little room left for wide open. This was with two people, me and my father-in-law.

I know this sounds like peanuts when you guys are talking about jet boats and all that do 25-30+MPH, but 6.0 MPH for my electric boat was actually better than I expected. I was told by the local professional electric boat builders to expect 4.0 MPH, maybe 5.0 with my hull.

All in all, the test run was a success.
mZcFxMw.jpg

I know this is an older thread, but I do have a question to ask. When you installed your stern seat did you do anything for additional support for the base? Or is it just attached to the bench? I ask because on my older boat I did that originally. But there was so much torque when you leaned back in the seat I was afraid that the seat base was going to rip up the aluminum on the bench seat. So I ended up cutting a hatch into and adding some bracing underneath the base and aluminum for extra support. Has it held up over time and not cause problems or have you had any issues with it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lgpjr49 said:
I know this is an older thread, but I do have a question to ask. When you installed your stern seat did you do anything for additional support for the base? Or is it just attached to the bench? I ask because on my older boat I did that originally. But there was so much torque when you leaned back in the seat I was afraid that the seat base was going to rip up the aluminum on the bench seat. So I ended up cutting a hatch into and adding some bracing underneath the base and aluminum for extra support. Has it held up over time and not cause problems or have you had any issues with it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not the OP, but I have the same hull. I mounted straight to the bench. There is 3/4" plywood underneath along with another layer of aluminum. Long sheet metal screws that go through the alum/wood/alum will hold it securely. It does flex a little more than the base on the front though....I believe the plywood in the rear does not extend all the way across the bow and is not secured like in the front. When I initially cut the middle hole for the seat base, the plywood underneath had some play and could be shifted in any direction maybe 1/2".

Latest posts