Bow mount trolling motor bouncing around

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassjunkie503

Reaction score
Noticed that while driving while the boat is in the trailer, I can see the trolling motor bouncing around. I know I need to get it strapped down somehow. Why do you guy’s use or prefer to keep them tightened down? Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• D7EABAEB-4E50-4650-B87B-98E3FC243C10.jpeg
    D7EABAEB-4E50-4650-B87B-98E3FC243C10.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,010
Bassjunkie503 said:
Noticed that while driving while the boat is in the trailer, I can see the trolling motor bouncing around. I know I need to get it strapped down somehow. Why do you guy’s use or prefer to keep them tightened down? Thanks for any input!

You can get some pretty mean velcro, Mines more supported than yours but I don't use anything to strap it down.

RAM mount is your best bet, assuming you've installed the TM close enough to the gunwales to be able to make a connection. All that bouncing is bound to cause problems down the line. I ended up with cracks in the aluminum bench where I mounted the TM base plate from the same vibration.

Ram mount is best . Ram makes a mount with a claw that works awesome for a Powerdrive or terrova.
You do want to do something to help stop the movement .i had a pd v2 that I had forever that it wore the drive housing from the bouncing going down the road. I had to replace the steering motor/housing
Once because of steering issues .i noticed the slack was gone with the new housing.

Are those ram mounts pretty flexible? My head for the trolling motor tests right at the edge of my boat. So I would have to bend it up at a 90 degree angle.

I had that problem. What I did was buy one of the super cheap transom savers from Walmart that has a rubber V on one end. I took that off, made a base mount for it and mounted it under the shaft. Then I used a piece of velcro to secure the shaft to the rubber piece. Works like a charm.

Latest posts