Not another boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
I've got two in the yard and the boat of a lifetime turns up at an affordable price. So far I managed to stay away from it but no one will buy it. Sheesh. Is this a common syndrome with everyone? Ordinarily I'd set the hook and unload the other two but selling any kind of vehicle around here seems to take a lot longer than it used to.

Yep! In the same boat you are. Maybe not the deal of a lifetime but a Gheenoe popped up last week, great price, looked to be in good shape, had cash in my pocket. Have four yaks, a paddle board, semi V aluminum, jon boat, and building a poling skiff. HemHawed long enough someone snatched it up before I did. As much as I wanted to try one out hard to justify another hull parked.

Of course if I were to reduce my inventory, wouldn't be any deals for a good long while...

I hear you both ... but I started selling off my ... ahhh, ahem ... “acquired collections” and I have sent the proceeds to my financial planner and now he wants me to start thinking about when I can retire early. I like that idea better!

funny,i've started to aquire more toys for when i do retire. :LOL2:new quad, new snow machine and a ski boat that i can rebuild.got the snow machine.

If you can afford to do it, why not? So what if it takes a month to sell the one you don't want. The key is, it is what you want and what you have is not.

Be careful what you buy in the first place. Don't pay too much. It takes some discipline. I have 3 canoes, and a power boat and a raft and am looking for a drift boat. It is hard to follow that advice.
When buying boats and RVs, it is important to be very conscious of the purchase price. I usually make a little on both because I shine them up and repair them. Buy boats with the idea that you may not keep them that long.
Sell boats in the spring. Find a good consignment lot on a main drag. Take good photos for a website. Ask a reasonable price.
There may be no cure for the disease some of us have.
The secret to a great life is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you have.

Latest posts