1954 Lone Star Cruise Master

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboat

Reaction score
while waiting for winter to get over so I can get started on my Aero Craft JCC project .. I've ran across this 21' Lone Star Cruise Master in need of restoration.. its a nice straight hull and most of the interior has been gutted. the headliner is dropping and has yet to come out . so it is basically a clean slate to renovate the inside as desired.. the railing on top is just setting there off another boat and not part of this boat, all windows are intact.. there a couple aluminum angle pieces missing from the back edge of the cabin to the gunwales and the aluminum helm on the left for the steering .. both are a easy replace along with the door and sliding track for it.. there's still a bunch of work there but looks to have some great potential. these don't seem to pop up to often and the price seems quite reasonable.. by the water lines on the inside it probably doesn't leak !! lol this boat is drawing me to it.. I'm not really needing another major project at the moment... but.... I'm sorta finding it to be hard to pass on this one.. I'm thinking it might just be one to grab and store away until I finish my Aero Craft.. these boats have a great look to them.. I would gladly like to hear any thoughts anyone has on this boat before I make a decision.. thanks, JT

Attachments

• lone star 8.jpg
    lone star 8.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 7.jpg
    lone star 7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 6.jpg
    lone star 6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 5.jpg
    lone star 5.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 4.jpg
    lone star 4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 3.jpg
    lone star 3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 2.jpg
    lone star 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 719
  • lone star 1.jpg
    lone star 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 719
Weldorthemagnificent said:
One can't have too many boats can one?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
maybe not.. kinda wondering if its really worth saving this one or just concentrate on what I have now and see if a nicer one of these comes along later on that needs less work.. this one is $1000.00 the way it sits..

I think you're going to find that 1 major project like the one you're looking at is more than enough to keep you entertained. I'd focus all my time and effort on that one... then move on to something new after... you'll also learn a lot on the first one that can be applied to the next...your tastes will change... etc... a hardtop boat is pretty hard to live with... it's ultra cool to do one like that Aero Craft... but you'll likely think the next boat should be something different.

Shaugh said:
I think you're going to find that 1 major project like the one you're looking at is more than enough to keep you entertained. I'd focus all my time and effort on that one... then move on to something new after... you'll also learn a lot on the first one that can be applied to the next...your tastes will change... etc... a hardtop boat is pretty hard to live with... it's ultra cool to do one like that Aero Craft... but you'll likely think the next boat should be something different.
Thanks Shaugh !! I have thought it over some more. the seller send me more photos and I didn't really like some things I saw ( all fixable but more time and money ) so I also came to your conclusion to pass on this boat and concentrate on my Aero Craft project !! which by the way I'm dying to get started on !! looking at getting it home around the beginning of May !! I'll be posting on my other thread soon !!

Latest posts