Bacon Burnt Ends

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
My quest to create Bacon Burnt Ends is complete. :LOL2:
I was able to find "Slab" bacon at the local butcher shop. I had him cut me roughly a 2-pound slab. His curiosity peaked when I asked him not to slice it. I told him I was attempting to make bacon burnt ends. I also wanted to try a new BBQ sauce, something that would offset the bacon and rub with some sweetness. I ended up going with Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce. Think about the flavors for a second.....Bacon, rub, Cherry, and a hint of heat.

BBQ Sauce Link: https://amzn.to/2Iau1cB

I tried to cut the bacon into even "squares"
BaconBurntEnds1.jpeg

My current Smoker. I used a heavy cast iron pan with apple chunks. The pan that comes with these are garbage in my opinion
BaconBurntEnds2.jpeg
After 2 hours at roughly 225 plus or minus 10 degrees :|
BaconBurntEnds3.jpeg
Sauced and ready to go back into smoker for 30 more minutes
BaconBurntEnds4.jpeg
End result.......
BaconBurntEnds5.jpeg
BaconBurntEnds6.jpeg
Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce
BaconBurntEnds7.jpeg

Overall it was a success. Next time I will smoke them for a little longer, maybe 45 minutes. They lasted about 15 minutes after they came out.

I just purchased a pork belly and am going to attempt to make my own bacon. If it works, I will do it again for the next experiment with Bacon Burnt Ends

I've yet to do that with bacon! Dang!!!... Done it with beef....but bacon???!?... I'm totally going to do that!

Latest posts