Bolt for oil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
Is this the bolt that is removed to change the oil? This is a 2012 Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke, remote steering. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    537.7 KB · Views: 480
On my 25 it is directly in the back, almost in the same position. But if it is any help, it is recessed just like that and looks like that. If you wanted to be positive call the guys down at Wateree Marina and they would verify one way or another.

nccatfisher said:
On my 25 it is directly in the back, almost in the same position. But if it is any help, it is recessed just like that and looks like that. If you wanted to be positive call the guys down at Wateree Marina and they would verify one way or another.

thanks!

Yes that is the drain bolt.

I have not used a drain bolt in years. Bought an evacuator. VERY slick! One of the most used tools I own and that's saying something. If you have lawn mowers or that sort of thing, a fluid evacuator will save you a ton of time and a lot of frustration. I originally bought Mityvac and it works fine (they have a manual and pneumatic version), finally just made one with more capacity over the winter (7 gal) with pump out feature. Love it! I use it several times a day it seems like.

Latest posts