nav. light's / toggle replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishingman48

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This v-hull tin i picked up last year been workin on it in my spare time, new base, post's & seats all way round and redoin the console tighten everything up and replacing all which needs it & adding . i came across a broken toggle which pertains to the compass, fish/ depth finder & nav lights/
switch; Toggle; General Purpose; G Series/ every Co. ive gone to you have to buy 12 or more?????? but they look nothin like this>

if anyone has a fisherman & the set up i stated and knows what to do or where to go o get this toggle ???// again i have a 3 way in it now and it does nothing i check fuse's and all good

Attachments

• boat switch 115 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 115 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 517
  • boat switch 116 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 116 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 517
  • boat switch 117 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 117 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 517
  • boat switch 119 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 119 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 517
  • boat switch 120 - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 120 - Copy.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 517
  • boat switch 121 - Copy.jpg
    boat switch 121 - Copy.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 517
First things first, the three way has both (actually measured) 12v and ground going to it? If so it may be wired wrong, there are lots of pics wiring a Carling switch online.

But, if what you say your switch runs "compass, fish/ depth finder & nav lights"

I've never seen a nav/anchor light switch wired that way. Are you guessing it runs all that stuff because none of it is working?

Switches are typically standard sizes. My guess is that this is a double pole, double throw (DPDT) switch with a jumper across two of the terminals. A continuity tester would confirm that this is true. You can find what you need here and just add your own jumper wire:

https://www.mcmaster.com/switches

First things first, the three way has both (actually measured) 12v and ground going to it? If so it may be wired wrong, there are lots of pics wiring a Carling switch online.

But, if what you say your switch runs "compass, fish/ depth finder & nav lights"

I've never seen a nav/anchor light switch wired that way. Are you guessing it runs all that stuff because none of it is working?
sorry never got back to you/ been hectic round here over course of year! well i got me another same type & throw it in and yeah to your question it lights up all that throws juice right over to it. finder has it's own turn off button but nav is on unless toggle put into center then all goes off/ cuts juice to panel at helm .Guess way the wired it up. any who, sold it this past late winter got a more open walk around to much climbing upand down for me ankles& leggs not what they use to be .

Latest posts