Gasket, 8.1-15-1, can I buy at auto parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cricketchaser

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to change my lower unit oil. It calls to replace the two gaskets on the bolts. Can I find this at an auto parts store? It is listed as 8.1-15-1. I'm not sure what that means. Any help?

Any help?
Sure! How bout we start with how to write a question when starting a new thread?
Things like....What engine you have???

Since this very basic information was not included what I will tell you is that on a Yamaha you have to replace the fill and drain screw seals every time. They are a one time usage item. On a Johnson or Evinrude product you do not.
Where to get them? Since the lower unit is extremely expensive to replace I would get OEM pieces but that is just me.

cricketchaser said:
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to change my lower unit oil. It calls to replace the two gaskets on the bolts. Can I find this at an auto parts store? It is listed as 8.1-15-1. I'm not sure what that means. Any help?

I would go with a trusted marine parts supplier. OEM is best. That way you know it's the right size and material.

Like LDUBS said, order several. Changing the lower unit oil should be done at least once a year.
Of course, remembering where you put those darn things a year later is always a challenge for me. :?

Try this.
https://www.tohatsu.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=101092

It also is for some Nissan motors.

Part Description
Nissan Tohatsu OEM Genuine part

Tohatsu Part No.
332600060M
GASKET 8.1-15-1

Riverdog said:
cricketchaser said:
Hey guys,

I would go with a trusted marine parts supplier. OEM is best. That way you know it's the right size and material.

Like LDUBS said, order several. Changing the lower unit oil should be done at least once a year.
Of course, remembering where you put those darn things a year later is always a challenge for me. :?

Try this.
https://www.tohatsu.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=101092

It also is for some Nissan motors.

Part Description
Nissan Tohatsu OEM Genuine part

Tohatsu Part No.
332600060M
GASKET 8.1-15-1

Thanks. Just ordered eight of them!

As mentioned earlier not losing them is the toughest part lol. I keep mine in a baggie in my boats dry box where I store the extra prop nut and tools and registration. You could also tape or zip tie the bag somewhere under the cowling that way they are always with the motor.

Latest posts