MacBook OS Update Warning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not in any way tech savvy and I don't want to be. I just want to turn on the computer and use it. I guess everyone was warned about this a long time ago and it is probably old news for most people. If I did read about this, and I suspect I did, it wouldn't have meant anything to me. So, anyone out there like me might benefit from another warning.

The most current MacBook operating system called OS Catalina will no longer run 32-bit programs. So, if you are going to download and install the most current OS update, you might want to double check if this will create a problem. It is pretty easy to check for old 32-bit programs. I had old versions of MS Office apps (Word & Excel) that had to be updated. I had a couple other 32-bit apps that I deleted because they were no longer used.

[strike]By-the-way, I was able to get the new MS Office (Word, Excel, etc) update for free. I'm not sure how. I just kept pushing buttons that didn't agree to a charge and eventually voila, I'm updated! [/strike] Never mind. No such thing as a free lunch.

PS: And before you techies out there scoff, if it weren't for people like me IT help desks wouldn't exist. :LOL2:

Apple had been giving me warnings for months before I did the upgrade. I was prepared.

Latest posts