Soft or hard cooler?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wmk0002 said:
wmk0002 said:
Since this is a cooler thread good of place as any to ask. As mentioned above I have a Yeti Roadie and use it as a passenger seat and even as a fishing seat for a 3rd person on occasion...Does anyone know of a good solution to add padding to the top? Have seen ones you can order fro SeaDek and similar places but not sure they offer much cushion and are pretty pricey. Be nice to have something a little more plush and more inl ine of the middle livewell seats you see in the stick steer panfish style boats.

Quoting myself here....I never purchased a cushion top for my Yeti but am looking to pull the trigger soon. Came across these from ' Butt Hurt Seats'. $60 for a cushion for a 20 qt hard cooler seems like a fair deal - at least compared to what all else I have seen on the market. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

https://www.butthurtseats.com/
https://www.butthurtseats.com/products/yeti-20-roadie
https://www.butthurtseats.com/pages/pictures

45637692_2149792435283378_8814977022745903104_o.jpg

So I went ahead and ordered this cooler cushion in the exact color scheme in the attached picture. My cooler is the same color as that one as well. Cost was $59.99 on the dot with free shipping. I'll report back after I receive it and get it installed and let y'all know what I think.

I have a RTIC Soft Pack 8 that I use on my boat. It has plenty of room for a refreezable ice pack and a couple sodas and about 6 bottles of water. I usually stuff in a few granola bars too. I fish alone a bunch and it is enough room for what I need for the day. It also keeps the ice packs frozen pretty well, it is small so I just stick it under my console out of direct sunlight. If I fished a bunch with a partner I would move up to the 20 or 30 size. Love the cooler, doesnt leak and is always on sale for a good price.

Some of you are really serious about the coolers, and I don't blame you one bit. I prefer the hard coolers myself. I have a couple of soft ones. I feel that I can clean them out better. I have one soft cooler and the zipper is a real pain. It's not an expensive one, hence the pain with the zipper. If I had a live well, that would be my cooler. Keeping fish alive is for tournament guys. I like to ice my fish right away, if I am keeping them. Why do you put bleach in the cartons? I never heard of it before today.

They both have their use.

I bought a softside years ago. I would tell you the name, but the company went full tactical, and doesn't make these ice chests any more. Too bad, I would buy another. It is perfect for a daytrip or a large lunch box. I freeze water bottles for ice, and as it melts I have cold drinking water all day.

For longer trips, like a all nightery or a two day, then the big "Ice Hole" ice chest gets dropped in the center or the boat.

Latest posts