Motor spray

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HILLDADDY88

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've got a modified alumacraft 1442 ncs with a mercury 25hp that's on a cmc hydraulic jack plate. While at full throttle I get alot of water that shoots from the sides of the motor and I'm tryin to figure out how to remedy this. I raised the motor an inch to see if that helps and no results. Any help would be appreciated!
ATTACH]

I had this issue.

I was able to remedy it somewhat by raising the motor which helped but I could only go so high.

I’m going to try raising it up another 1/2” but I need to get it out on the water for a couple runs so I have some sort of reference to go by.

My mind is a lil fuzzy having not touched it since September. :wink:

Looking at the photo you posted, I'd say two things, you need to trim her up some, the water directly behind the engine about 20-30' out should kind of lay flat, if you've got electric tilt & trim it will be an easy things to see and change, if not raise the trim one pin hole and see, you'll get more bow rise when trying to get on plane but you'll get a higher top end and better fuel MPG.

Next is, raise her up some more, you should see the anti-cavitation plate when on plane, she should skim the top of the water.

Latest posts