Corona Virus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 trillion will have to be paid back some time, hopefully far in the future. The kids partying on the beach may be the ones who pay.

You can’t run around like this all the time!

Attachments

• greg_bonfire.jpg
    greg_bonfire.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 457
I am seeing the first responders, and medical falling victim to this. When, or if we run short on these people it will be a disaster.

Vader809 said:
I am seeing the first responders, and medical falling victim to this. When, or if we run short on these people it will be a disaster.

My sister-in-law was a managing nurse before she retired about 5 years ago. The hospital asked if should would come back. I'll bet this is happening a lot.

I'm hearing that the military is asking retired members to voluntarily come back in in support of the efforts. The primary needs are the medical fields.

Roger

This has been around for a while, but I thought I would share the link in case anyone was interested in bookmarking it. It provides up to date info on the CV status. You can drill down to country/state/county level data.

This is via John Hopkins and uses bonafide data from CDC. So it is about as reliable as anything out there.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

This Covid 19 is turning out way more serious than most people guessed. It seems like people don’t believe the mainstream Media anymore which may have slowed the reaction to it down a bit.

It is incredible to go back and look at the timeline. Even in late January CDC was still saying low risk to America. Then BOOM -- incredibly rapid spread. Not pointing fingers or exercising perfect hindsight (too much of that already). Just saying the spread was apparently faster than anyone imagined.

Everyone stay safe.

I am doing OK at the moment. We are not being forced to quarantine right now except for people with symptoms and visitors coming in. I work at a fuel farm at the airport and we have to have someone there 24-7-365 in case something catastrophic happens. If they force stay at home I will have to go to work and stay/live there until it is over same as I have to do when hurricanes come along. I hope it doesn't come to that. I do not have to hang around groups of people on an average day which is good in a way. I usually only see around 3-5 people on a typical day. I fear this is going to hurt the economy for years to come. The airlines are going to be hurting for a while. There are probably a lot of industries that are going to be hurting for a while. Well, Stay safe and may we come out of this stronger than ever.

Everyone please stay safe and away from each other. Highly contagious is an understatement. Here in the northeast it looks grim

I have this bad feeling that we're not going to learn a lot from this situation. China gave us bogus information and even Italy was categorizing deaths as Covid19 related when quite a few of them were people who died for other reasons but they tested positive. NY state is doing the same thing and that has over inflated the numbers. The testing is not accurate and seems to depend on who took the swab and how well they did it. NJ has a 14 day backup in test results, geez, if you already had it for how many days before getting tested, 14 days later is close to 3 weeks so it's a little late to try and treat it. It looks like a lot of people have already had it and were never tested or didn't have any symptoms. If a vaccine is going to take another 12-18 months (and then 6 weeks to really work once you've gotten the vaccine) then we're definitely going to have another surge at some point. One thing you don't hear too many people talking about is trying to boost your immune system. All the tv and media talk is doom and gloom with exaggerated predictions from terrible models (much like weather). We're not going to have 325 million test kits available any time soon or that many vaccine doses, so the best bet is to boost your immune system as much as possible and watch your contact with other people. Sheltering in place is not going to stop this with it in pretty much every country already. All the statistics are tainted already so it will be tough to draw good conclusions. One thing I think we have learned is that we need to bring a lot of manufacturing and drug production back in house so we don't have to rely on other countries. Stay safe and just be smart. Hopefully this will make more people aware of basic hygiene as well.

Well, I spoke too soon... The end of March I went to the hospital with shortness of breath, dry cough, and sore throat... NO fever or other symptoms. I was tested for everything that could possibly manifest itself with my symptoms (heart, lungs, bacterial) and released after two days. My VERY minor symptoms lasted all of two to three days.

After a week, my COVID test came back positive.

At my age (68) I'm in very good health, but can I be in better shape than the much younger seemingly healthy first responders who have been dying of it? Also WHY my symptoms were so ridiculously minor and many had severe symptoms at the onset.

Can there be TWO strains or forms off the virus one mild and the other aggressive? I'm thinking it must be as not one person I was in close contact with before and after the onset of symptoms became sick.

IMO, there needs to be a LOT of study on this virus going forward, and I mean not just on the very ill but those who like me were affected with such minor symptoms. Researchers REALLY need to look at the lifestyle of patients like me (and those who were totally asymptomatic) to discover why! Could it be traced to regular use of vitamins, certain foods, meds, micro climate?

The beginning of February my wife came down with the "Flue", Sudden onset, she went to a church group function early one morning and was home within the hour complaining of sever light headiness and a fever.
I took her temp,,sure enough she was at 101 degrees.
she was feeling really bad for about six days,lost her voice couldn't swallow or speak,,we chalked it up to the flue, made her chicken broth and crackers. Luckily we had Tylenol. She only had one day of difficulty breathing (has asthma), So I had to set up her breathing treatments three times that day.
We had no idea of the Virus at this point.
After seven days she started feeling better and started eating solid foods. Finally after two weeks she felt better.
With in two weeks of her being sick I had two days of feeling like I was coming down with something bad,Throat was feeling like I was getting Strep throat, had a minor fever and was very sleepy and weak, I stayed with the Tylenol and gargled with salt water.
Two days was it! I bounced back and symptoms were gone completely the third morning! Chalked it up to a two day bug!
By the end of February we were hearing about the virus.
Reached out to our medical facility and told them we believe we had Corona Virus and asked if they would like to test us for anti bodies.
Nope, thanks for letting us know,,stay away!
We did quarantine from family members that didn't have any symptoms but let ones that had the same thing come by to visit.
We are 90% confident we had the virus but may not ever know for sure!

gnappi said:
Well, I spoke too soon... The end of March I went to the hospital with shortness of breath, dry cough, and sore throat... NO fever or other symptoms. I was tested for everything that could possibly manifest itself with my symptoms (heart, lungs, bacterial) and released after two days. My VERY minor symptoms lasted all of two to three days.

After a week, my COVID test came back positive.

At my age (68) I'm in very good health, but can I be in better shape than the much younger seemingly healthy first responders who have been dying of it? Also WHY my symptoms were so ridiculously minor and many had severe symptoms at the onset.

Can there be TWO strains or forms off the virus one mild and the other aggressive? I'm thinking it must be as not one person I was in close contact with before and after the onset of symptoms became sick.

IMO, there needs to be a LOT of study on this virus going forward, and I mean not just on the very ill but those who like me were affected with such minor symptoms. Researchers REALLY need to look at the lifestyle of patients like me (and those who were totally asymptomatic) to discover why! Could it be traced to regular use of vitamins, certain foods, meds, micro climate?

Did they treat you with anything? With the amount of people who probably had it and recovered or barely showed symptoms, I think it's going to be really hard for us to get good metrics from it. It's really strange the NY and NJ have so many deaths compared to CA and other states. Even stranger are the numbers from other countries like India that don't seem to be hit as hard but have the largest population. Either NY and NJ are counting the deaths wrong (which I think is highly possible and they are counting way more than they should because people looked like they had the symptoms) or there is something wrong with the people or air conditions in the NY/NJ area. I think they say 1/3 of NJ deaths are older people in nursing homes or special care facilities but why aren't older people in FL being hit as hard? Something just doesn't seem right with the information we're getting. I can understand the outbreak in NY/NJ since a lot of people in NJ work in NYC and everyone is right on top of each other in trains, buses, subways, the streets and it spread really easily in that situation. But that would make you think India would be worse with the people sitting on the roof of the trains and hanging off the sides because it's so crowded.

Regardless, glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm pretty active and walk each day, get in a bike ride each week, do pushup/situps a couple times a week and get in some light weightlifting each week. So I think I might be one of those people that might not notice if I have it. My nose runs all winter long and now with allergy season starting, it could be tough to tell if something is really hitting me.

JL8Jeff said:
Did they treat you with anything? With the amount of people who probably had it and recovered or barely showed symptoms, I think it's going to be really hard for us to get good metrics from it. It's really strange the NY and NJ have so many deaths compared to CA and other states. Even stranger are the numbers from other countries like India that don't seem to be hit as hard but have the largest population. Either NY and NJ are counting the deaths wrong (which I think is highly possible and they are counting way more than they should because people looked like they had the symptoms) or there is something wrong with the people or air conditions in the NY/NJ area. I think they say 1/3 of NJ deaths are older people in nursing homes or special care facilities but why aren't older people in FL being hit as hard? Something just doesn't seem right with the information we're getting. I can understand the outbreak in NY/NJ since a lot of people in NJ work in NYC and everyone is right on top of each other in trains, buses, subways, the streets and it spread really easily in that situation. But that would make you think India would be worse with the people sitting on the roof of the trains and hanging off the sides because it's so crowded.

Regardless, glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm pretty active and walk each day, get in a bike ride each week, do pushup/situps a couple times a week and get in some light weightlifting each week. So I think I might be one of those people that might not notice if I have it. My nose runs all winter long and now with allergy season starting, it could be tough to tell if something is really hitting me.

I heard Doc Fauci talk about why NY got out of hand. Short version is focus was on controlling spread from Asia, which made sense. The virus came to NY & NJ via travel from Europe and got a foothold. I guess it kind of snuck in the back door while everyone was looking the other way.

I also read that NY's governor asked that deaths from heart attacks and other things that could be CV related be counted as CV. Personally, I do not believe that for a minute. Though I could see how anything suspected of could be counted as CV.

The good news is it does not sound like a runny nose is typical of CV. This chart is from our County's CV website. It compares symptoms for Flu, Common Cold, and cover-19.

Stay well.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 5.35.56 PM.png

They "generally" don't treat a flu like virus, they manage symptoms like fever, headache, muscle aches with OTC remedies, and unless COVID symptoms (necessitating a respirator) are severe they probably do the same. Sure they've tried vitamin C as well as some other drugs for the most ill with some success but no really hard evidence to backup a really substantive claim to anything resembling a cure.

Gov. Cuomo's brother was doing nothing for the symptoms as I heard him say the fever was the body's natural way of combating it, dunno there.

So in the hospital they essentially did nothing for me other than isolation till my symptoms passed... all of two days.

My nose runs all winter long (it might be fall, winter and spring) and I have muscle aches (back is the worst but I've had other muscle pulls that haunt me) all the time year round. So I know those have nothing to do with the virus. And an odd coincidence this past winter, there were coupons in the paper for Ester-C 24 hour immune support and they went on sale at my local grocery store. So I bought them and took them all winter. Once they ran out, I grabbed some normal vitamin C as a back up. I don't normally take any vitamins so it could just be lucky timing.

But one thing you can probably say about people from NY/NJ is that most of them are not in the best shape/health (and that extends down to Philly as well) so I can see why this hit the area so hard. And seeing the number of deaths from nursing homes, I never realized there were that many in NJ. Some of them are almost being emptied out by this. When the second round of this comes through in the fall/winter, it probably won't be as bad since the most vulnerable are no longer around. Hopefully we have a better understanding of how to treat and deal with it at that point.

Latest posts