are you Locked down? lets see your projects...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm a couple of weeks late to the party. But conditions haven't really changed for us over that time. We're not on lockdown but with all the tornadoes of late and crappy weather in general, I haven't had the boat out yet this year. I gave it a good cleaning from stem to stern. Discovered my onboard charge had a crack in the housing so I applied a generous coat of 3M 5200 over the crack to keep moisture out. Replaced both batteries, and added a rubber bottom and some aluminum cleats to help hold my starter battery in place. Installed a liner in my 6 gal metal fuel tank and replaced all the fuel line and connectors (o-rings were shot in almost every connector) from my tank to the motor as well as the internal line inside the motor up to the fuel pump. I didn't replace the one piece from the pump to the carb. It would require pulling the carb and pulling the carb required pulling the starter. Too much hassle when it's not apparently leaking because the motor is purring like a kitten once more. Replaced my spare tire, greased trailer bearings, changed gear oil in lower unit. Mounted a new rod rack, put new line on all my poles, and went through my tackle box and added some new purchases to it. Then I started on the mower. Changed oil and filter, installed sharp spare blade, sharpened the now spare blade, and fixed a slow leak in one of the rear tires. Next I started on my little shop. Built a couple of stands for my grinder motors. Dug out and tuned up some of my sharpening equipment and sharpened about a dozen carbide saw blades as well as the knives from my thickness planar. Cleaned and organized my shop to the point that I'm seeing parts of the floor that haven't seen the light of day in a long time. I'm debating whether I really want to enlarge my shop now or not. It seems there's never a shortage of things that need to be done when I take the time to look. Some times I wonder how I ever found time to do actual paying work before I retired. But all of this has taken a back seat to recent events as we just discovered yesterday that a life long friend of mine was murdered in his sleep two nights ago, presumably for money. And that is very shocking news in a town of less than 2500 where we seldom hear of a violent crime being committed.

Im in northern ky pretty much shutdown. So ive decided to re do the interior in my 05 crestliner. Adding storage, running seats and extending the front deck. Also, moved the batterys and relocated the livewell. Lots of parts in the mail. Im out of rivets until tommorow... this all started with a simple motor paint job haha
d76f5b58460aa38db80ea6eeb748c361.jpg
6747ed3864478b415a3b33fc1242eb32.jpg
7be204c853ac81fc633c989cd06edb70.jpg
c302908ac007567527efb54905417362.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

13CABEC2-F3BF-4626-BBBC-932F1DE55DB1.jpegFinished repowering this little jet boat. Can’t wait to get the grandkids out in it!

Stacked a great big pile of firewood into racks that had been in a pile for five years! Also built a raised bed garden. F49D37D1-96FC-4219-9621-A932B16AE513.jpeg

Attachments

• CB1F2DCA-B965-41F9-B680-C3D4334B8974.jpeg
    CB1F2DCA-B965-41F9-B680-C3D4334B8974.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 258
JMichael said:
Looks like I'm a couple of weeks late to the party. But conditions haven't really changed for us over that time. We're not on lockdown but with all the tornadoes of late and crappy weather in general, I haven't had the boat out yet this year. I gave it a good cleaning from stem to stern. Discovered my onboard charge had a crack in the housing so I applied a generous coat of 3M 5200 over the crack to keep moisture out. Replaced both batteries, and added a rubber bottom and some aluminum cleats to help hold my starter battery in place. Installed a liner in my 6 gal metal fuel tank and replaced all the fuel line and connectors (o-rings were shot in almost every connector) from my tank to the motor as well as the internal line inside the motor up to the fuel pump. I didn't replace the one piece from the pump to the carb. It would require pulling the carb and pulling the carb required pulling the starter. Too much hassle when it's not apparently leaking because the motor is purring like a kitten once more. Replaced my spare tire, greased trailer bearings, changed gear oil in lower unit. Mounted a new rod rack, put new line on all my poles, and went through my tackle box and added some new purchases to it. Then I started on the mower. Changed oil and filter, installed sharp spare blade, sharpened the now spare blade, and fixed a slow leak in one of the rear tires. Next I started on my little shop. Built a couple of stands for my grinder motors. Dug out and tuned up some of my sharpening equipment and sharpened about a dozen carbide saw blades as well as the knives from my thickness planar. Cleaned and organized my shop to the point that I'm seeing parts of the floor that haven't seen the light of day in a long time. I'm debating whether I really want to enlarge my shop now or not. It seems there's never a shortage of things that need to be done when I take the time to look. Some times I wonder how I ever found time to do actual paying work before I retired. But all of this has taken a back seat to recent events as we just discovered yesterday that a life long friend of mine was murdered in his sleep two nights ago, presumably for money. And that is very shocking news in a town of less than 2500 where we seldom hear of a violent crime being committed.

Mike what town are you in? Were you close to where the tornado hit? I checked up with all my kin after the tornado that took out a bunch of Jonesboro. One of my cousins lost his truck while working at the post office, but they’re all okay. Still all have their homes, too. I’m originally from the Strawberry / Lynn area but been up here since I was little.

Putting a hitch and wiring on my Jeep Patriot! Sold the old boat last summer, since then the wife and I both got new (used) vehicles. Her Subaru crosstrek came with a hitch but my Jeep Patriot did not. Used hers to pick up the new boat, but couldn't keep that going. Finally got mine done, about $150 for the hitch and wiring harness.... About 4 hours of work

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_225232582.jpg
    IMG_20200421_225232582.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 245
Blkrvrbart said:
Mike what town are you in? Were you close to where the tornado hit? I checked up with all my kin after the tornado that took out a bunch of Jonesboro. One of my cousins lost his truck while working at the post office, but they’re all okay. Still all have their homes, too. I’m originally from the Strawberry / Lynn area but been up here since I was little.
I'm 30 miles SE of the damage at Jonesboro. We had some minor damage in our area from high winds that night but no tornadoes.

I'm still working at my job as an Ortho Tech at an Orthopaedic office. We still have patients everyday, but have slowed down considerably. Feel fortunate that I'm still working!! Been stuck at home every evening/weekend though. Even with a 3 and 1 year old we've gotten a ton of yard work done. Grass seed planted at two large areas that needed done, hostas split from around the pool and transplanted around the deck, weed paper laid and stone spread around the deck, 20' flag pole concreted in the front yard, and many other small jobs around the yard completed. Boat wise I repacked my wheel bearings and gave the boat a good cleaning. Got fresh gas and ran my jet in a barrel since it hadn't been on the water for awhile. My wife thought it was funny to go full throttle while I was standing back by the barrel. It's amazing the amount of water a 50/35 jet will through out of a barrel in seconds at WFO :LOL2:

This weeks project is converting my 3 year olds 12V John Deere tractor to 18V. Supplies should be here this week. Not sure who's more excited, him or I!!!

I tore into this one

Attachments

• CF36E771-6F5A-4705-B058-4E6C3AE9C75A.jpeg
    CF36E771-6F5A-4705-B058-4E6C3AE9C75A.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 235
  • F4077343-6FDD-429C-B723-E3984518D021.jpeg
    F4077343-6FDD-429C-B723-E3984518D021.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
  • 7329E5F9-41D9-4D10-A072-9243D61B9910.jpeg
    7329E5F9-41D9-4D10-A072-9243D61B9910.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235
  • F8FD298C-2DC4-4005-A259-7BE157F8707D.jpeg
    F8FD298C-2DC4-4005-A259-7BE157F8707D.jpeg
    649 KB · Views: 235
  • 37D547BD-0D9A-4969-9B37-82731A226CAE.jpeg
    37D547BD-0D9A-4969-9B37-82731A226CAE.jpeg
    783.4 KB · Views: 235
CedarRiverScooter said:
BigTerp said:
converting my 3 year olds 12V John Deere tractor to 18V. Supplies should be here this week. Not sure who's more excited, him or I!!!

Tim Allen rocks!

The kit came in today. Coincidentally, I have the afternoon off. Texted my wife to video him running the tractor down the driveway. Need a before and after comparison!!!

BigTerp said:
This weeks project is converting my 3 year olds 12V John Deere tractor to 18V. Supplies should be here this week. Not sure who's more excited, him or I!!!
Ha get your video rolling. It's been 30 years ago but I converted my sons 6v single motor car to a 12v dual motor setup. I'm still laughing about that stuff these days. His mother was feeling a little less enthusiastic about it though. haha

He loved it!! The smile on his face was priceless. Noticeable improvement in speed and power. Before, it would bog down in the yard through taller grass and hills. Now it flies right through with no issues. Now I've gotta bypass the thermal protector. It kicks the tractor off for 10 seconds when going through taller grass/hills. It did it before the conversion as well, but now I've got an inline fuse on the + side of the battery, so I'm not concerned about bypassing the secondary thermal protector/fuse.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Now that its got more power how's the handling?

It's more squirrely on the driveway for sure, but he figured it out pretty quickly. I wouldn't recommend this type of conversion for most 3 year olds, but my son has always been rather amazing with this sort of stuff. Not just saying that because he's my boy either. We got him this tractor when he was 20 months old. He almost immediately figured out the steering and everything. He turned 3 in December and is already riding a bike without training wheels. Thankfully I'm an Orthopaedic Technologist (put on casts, braces, splints, etc) in an Orthopaedic Surgeons office. I'm sure I'll be treating him at some point!!

Here are a few videos from yesterday. Didn't get to ride it much, it starting raining shortly after he woke up from his nap and started riding.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tdBf3h5dVpD3kPws9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UXdECKKXjEE4vP1a6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5eQVH5Leag7sdSCDA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FWoVSQYNqnTjBArB6

The lousy weather is getting to me more than the lockdown. I put my boat in the water for a week which was nice and since then I took it back out because we've had heavy rain and still in the 40's and 50's. It looks like we might have 2 more lousy days Sun and Mon before we get back to 60+ hopefully for the rest of the spring. I found a 1970 Camaro I'm kicking around the idea of buying and finishing up the restoration. The original owner lost interest but it will take a bit of reassembly and repaint. With my luck, I'll buy it and get it home, then the weather will be 75 every day and I'll be out in the boat. :wink:

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Have you seen any videos of Barbie jeep type vehicles with predator motors?

I have not, but it sounds interesting!!

I figure he'll get enough use out of this that if the motors and/or gears implode with the increase in power, it'll be well worth it to upgrade them to keep this tractor running. So far so good though. He's been riding the crap out of it and no issues thus far. He has rolled it in the yard twice though :shock: