Corona Virus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazyboat said:
RaisedByWolves said:
Crazyboat said:
***Disclaimer***

I'll barrow this I recently read: "You should wear a mask, it protects me from you, just as I wear a mask to protect you from me."

So, why don't you carry a gun, it will protect me from a bad guy looking to do me harm, just as I carry a gun to protect you from a bad guy with a gun.
You should give that borrowed analogy back, it’s pants on head tarded.

I'd say it's spot on. Maybe try something that contains constructive criticism instead of calling it "Tarded", it takes away from you.
+1

RaisedByWolves said:
Crazyboat said:
***Disclaimer***

I'll barrow this I recently read: "You should wear a mask, it protects me from you, just as I wear a mask to protect you from me."

So, why don't you carry a gun, it will protect me from a bad guy looking to do me harm, just as I carry a gun to protect you from a bad guy with a gun.

The first part is good. The second part is nonsensical.

What about it makes no sense? It's perfectly suited against the first argument. But let's not get into a pissing match, we're coming at this from different perspectives.

Crazyboat said:
RaisedByWolves said:
Crazyboat said:
***Disclaimer***

I'd say it's spot on. Maybe try something that contains constructive criticism instead of calling it "Tarded", it takes away from you.

I don’t concern myself with the opinions of self proclaimed “Sheepdog”

People with this mindset make the rest of the shooting community look foolish.

Is foolish OK?

RaisedByWolves said:
Crazyboat said:
RaisedByWolves said:

I don’t concern myself with the opinions of self proclaimed “Sheepdog”

People with this mindset make the rest of the shooting community look foolish.

Is foolish OK?

Again, nothing constructive about your comment. I'm not sure where anyone proclaimed themselves a "sheepdog". But you know what they say about empty barrels. You seem to fit the bill. Good day to you sir/mam. I see where your screen name comes from, so does everyone else.

Coronavirus is contagious. It spreads from person to person. Wearing a mask is not 100% effective but significantly reduces that exposure. It is simple and no amount of ridiculous comments or fake facts is going to change that.

Our upsurge in infections, hospitalizations, and deaths the is the result in large part of people who ignore simple precautions like wearing a mask when near others. They use bogus analogies, denial to suit their selfish needs, and fakery to justify their actions.

Being blinded by selfishness, they do not see that failing to control contagion puts others at risk. Sadly, they do not seem to give a rat’s *** about that. But they also do not realize it puts their own interests at risk. Their taxes will go up. Their opportunities will be restricted as areas have to impose more close downs. They sure will lose opportunities to travel, go to school, have regular jobs, etc. Wearing a mask does not prevent someone from working or providing for their family. That is just another bogus claim for weak minded people. In fact, just the opposite is true. So, our country is not doing well compared to many others. All because, like spoilt children, the knuckleheads throw a tantrum when told they have to do something as simple as wearing a mask around others.

The longer these selfish people refuse to take needed measures, the longer it will take to control this with even worse damage to the economy and the future of our children.

LDUBS said:
Coronavirus is contagious. It spreads from person to person. Wearing a mask is not 100% effective but significantly reduces that exposure. It is simple and no amount of ridiculous comments or fake facts is going to change that.

Our upsurge in infections, hospitalizations, and deaths the is the result in large part of people who ignore simple precautions like wearing a mask when near others. They use bogus analogies, denial to suit their selfish needs, and fakery to justify their actions.

Being blinded by selfishness, they do not see that failing to control contagion puts others at risk. Sadly, they do not seem to give a rat’s *** about that. But they also do not realize it puts their own interests at risk. Their taxes will go up. Their opportunities will be restricted as areas have to impose more close downs. They sure will lose opportunities to travel, go to school, have regular jobs, etc. Wearing a mask does not prevent someone from working or providing for their family. That is just another bogus claim for weak minded people. In fact, just the opposite is true. So, our country is not doing well compared to many others. All because, like spoilt children, the knuckleheads throw a tantrum when told they have to do something as simple as wearing a mask around others.

The longer these selfish people refuse to take needed measures, the longer it will take to control this with even worse damage to the economy and the future of our children.
If you can't have a conversation without resorting to BS like calling a persons argument bugus you've lost the argument before you started. See I can bring you a link(s) to my facts, what do you do, try and discredit others with BS.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-why-a-face-mask-box-says-it-provides-no-protection-to-the-wearer/507-d5070a18-0146-4ef9-9d22-afe9fa7759a0

In addition people with medical conditions like COPD and asthma cannot wear a mask, it's also their right to privacy under the law and bill of rights not to disclose that to you or anyone else, look it up before you go off half cocked knowing nothing or exhibiting zero knowledge of the laws. Last I checked freedom to assemble is also covered in the bill of rights, yet the govt overstepped their bounds by closing them all.

So if you can take your head out of your *** long enough to look up the facts and admit that yours's isn't the side that is supported by law then we can talk, for now I'll just go with the idea you're another fool that can't comprehend simple facts.

Crazyboat said:
LDUBS said:

If you can't have a conversation without resorting to BS like calling a persons argument bugus you've lost the argument before you started. See I can bring you a link(s) to my facts, what do you do, try and discredit others with BS.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-why-a-face-mask-box-says-it-provides-no-protection-to-the-wearer/507-d5070a18-0146-4ef9-9d22-afe9fa7759a0

In addition people with medical conditions like COPD and asthma cannot wear a mask, it's also their right to privacy under the law and bill of rights not to disclose that to you or anyone else, look it up before you go off half cocked knowing nothing or exhibiting zero knowledge of the laws. Last I checked freedom to assemble is also covered in the bill of rights, yet the govt overstepped their bounds by closing them all.

So if you can take your head out of your *** long enough to look up the facts and admit that yours's isn't the side that is supported by law then we can talk, for now I'll just go with the idea you're another fool that can't comprehend simple facts.

Complains about insults, tells someone to take their head out of their *** and calls them a fool. :roll:

This has turned sadly comical.

It would appear you are getting the discussion you deserve Chief.

Crazyboat said:

Perhaps you should actually read the link before you post. It is about, and I quote:

"A viral image posing a misleading question has made the rounds online."

The article goes on to say

"it does not mean masks should not be worn."

Further the article confirms "

cloth masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 from those who without symptoms. This means that although cloth masks do not have the capability to filter tiny particles like an N95 mask, it can still help prevent the spread of the disease by blocking respiratory droplets that leave a person's mouth while coughing, sneezing or talking."

There will always be outliers, meaning folks with COPD, etc. That never has been an issue. Laws provide for regulating activities during emergencies like the coronavirus pandemic. Perhaps you should talk to your congress rep if you want the laws to change. And, by the way, you can lawfully assemble all you want around here, within reason, providing you wear a mask.

So, I've again looked at the "simple facts" you provided. I don't think you intentionally misrepresented another "fact". I think you just reacted to a popular internet photo without verifying.

You see, I did read it before posting. I don't cherry pick my info to be one sided or fit a narrative. It does not stop the spread, I can post photos of guys that hang sheet rock for a living and see their faces covered in dust. The N95 masks will protect you pretty well on the incoming side but it is vented so if the wearer is infected it does nothing to stop him from spreading it.

If you want total protection you need to wear a suit that covers all ports of entry/exit, eyes, ears, nose, mouth. Forcing people with breathing problems is against existing law, laws that were past using proper protocols, not EO's.

You'd better grab onto your rights, before they take them all away.

I hope everyone here is well. I have found myself very busy during this and have finally slowed to the point I can relax. Along the way during this I have traveled thru 12 states on commercial aircraft or driving when close enough. I work mostly in hospital, clinics and research facilities. Now I am going to get some fresh non ethanol fuel, replace the spark plugs in the old 25hp Evinrude, grab the fishing poles and the dog and hit the water. The best way to practice social distancing. Then to the range, need to prep for deer season and get the BP out and verify my zero.

Keep your heads up everyone, and some may resist, but the masks while not 100 % effective are far better than nothing on your face when around people with varying levels of personal hygiene. Just like many of us learned in Basic Training, personal hygiene is key to surviving on the NBC battlefield and this definitely falls under the B of NBC .

FormerParatrooper said:
I hope everyone here is well. I have found myself very busy during this and have finally slowed to the point I can relax. Along the way during this I have traveled thru 12 states on commercial aircraft or driving when close enough. I work mostly in hospital, clinics and research facilities. Now I am going to get some fresh non ethanol fuel, replace the spark plugs in the old 25hp Evinrude, grab the fishing poles and the dog and hit the water. The best way to practice social distancing. Then to the range, need to prep for deer season and get the BP out and verify my zero.

Keep your heads up everyone, and some may resist, but the masks while not 100 % effective are far better than nothing on your face when around people with varying levels of personal hygiene. Just like many of us learned in Basic Training, personal hygiene is key to surviving on the NBC battlefield and this definitely falls under the B of NBC .

Stay safe. Folk like you that work in med facilities are appreciated.

Crazyboat said:
You see, I did read it before posting. I don't cherry pick my info to be one sided or fit a narrative. It does not stop the spread, I can post photos of guys that hang sheet rock for a living and see their faces covered in dust. The N95 masks will protect you pretty well on the incoming side but it is vented so if the wearer is infected it does nothing to stop him from spreading it.

If you want total protection you need to wear a suit that covers all ports of entry/exit, eyes, ears, nose, mouth. Forcing people with breathing problems is against existing law, laws that were past using proper protocols, not EO's.

You'd better grab onto your rights, before they take them all away.

My rights are being violated by exposure to a pandemic from guys who think they know more than public health officials because they watched a guy hang sheet rock. Now there is some real science. Maybe we should let Johns Hopkins know the study of epidemiology is a waste of time.

How is anyone violating your rights, I'll listen.

They lost their argument about masks when they released prisoners instead of giving them a mask.

If masks work so well why the 6'?

If 6' works so well why the mask?

Oh they work in conjunction, got it, then why the need for the shut down?

Crazyboat said:
How is anyone violating your rights, I'll listen.

They lost their argument about masks when they released prisoners instead of giving them a mask.

If masks work so well why the 6'?

If 6' works so well why the mask?

Oh they work in conjunction, got it, then why the need for the shut down?

If I pass on a deadly viral disease to someone because I refused to take simple precautions, then I think I have violated their right to life and the pusuit of happiness. We can exercise our rights pretty much as we want until it threatens those around us.

We are in a crises. As of today, 162,728 Americans have died from coronavirus. Forget prisoners, people with COPD, risk manager product liability warnings, and any other outliers that people use as excuses. If mistakes are made that does not mean the rest of us shouldn't do the right thing.

As far as your questions, don't listen to me or anyone else on a forum. Get it straight from the horses mouth. Ask your public health official. Your state has one and I'm sure you county has one too. Remember that pre-symptomatic and asymptotic folks don't even know they are spreading the virus and need the masks more than anyone. Unless we are tested frequently we don't know if we fall in that category.

Finally a solid reply. You're right, if I were sick I should be quarentined, problem is, I'm not sick and everyone I talk to says, asymptomatic people don't likely transmit the virus. But don't take my word, look it up.
In the meantime, there's this:https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/realities-facemasks-fight-coronavirus-exposure-69252522

Crazyboat said:
Finally a solid reply. You're right, if I were sick I should be quarentined, problem is, I'm not sick and everyone I talk to says, asymptomatic people don't likely transmit the virus. But don't take my word, look it up.
In the meantime, there's this:https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/realities-facemasks-fight-coronavirus-exposure-69252522

I am aware of the thoughts regarding asymptotic spread and hope it is true, though the vote is still out because the experts at CDC still says it can be passed on from asymptomatic people. And, that still leaves pre-symptomatic people and that is a real exposure you pose to others.

You have no idea from day-to-day if you are sick. By the time you find out 10 others are exposed and passing it on. I honestly hope it never happens to you but you are more at risk because of your behavior and it follows you put others more at risk too. I hope you never have to defend your "rights" to the person you put in the ICU.

It is my sincere wish that you realize the science simply does not support your excuses for not wearing a mask and by not doing so, you put others at risk.

Latest posts