a blast from the past!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
Well it's been 6 years since I have been here and I have made a bunch of changes in my life. I had major back issues that stopped my fishing in 2014 and I finally had surgery in feb 2017 . I was forced to retire from the power company a year later, I was unable to get back to work. that lead to the major change of having our retirement home built a few years early. My wife and I have moved from just outside Philadelphia to a very small town in southerner Illinois. we live on a private lake on 10 acres. After lots of rehab I am back fishing and have bought a new G3 1610 that has a Suzuki 9.9 that has a 20hp mod. so I can fish the many limited HP lakes around. its my FIRST TIN !!! I look forward to getting back in touch with some older members if they are still around and meeting the new ones

Attachments

• g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 394
Welcome back! Nice little set up you've got. Did you do the upgrade on the 10 or have someone make the swap out for you?

I had back surgery on L3/L4-L4/L5, 4 years ago and still not up to snuff. How is riding in the small'ish boat on your back?

the dealer did the swap for me . it is a nice boat to fish from very stable. but very slow.
I need to get the motor out of the water my cavitation plate is 3 inches below the bottom of the boat

redbug said:
the dealer did the swap for me . it is a nice boat to fish from very stable. but very slow.
I need to get the motor out of the water my cavitation plate is 3 inches below the bottom of the boat

3", that's an odd amount. Usually they come with a 15" 20" or 25" transom to match with an outboard. I see a jackplate in your future. Nice that the dealer did the engine work, don't know if it's new but I'm sure it voided the warranty, no? Kind of surprised the dealer would do that, I though private only. Dealers usually want to upcharge for the higher HP rating of a new motor.

redbug said:
Well it's been 6 years since I have been here and I have made a bunch of changes in my life. I had major back issues that stopped my fishing in 2014 and I finally had surgery in feb 2017 . I was forced to retire from the power company a year later, I was unable to get back to work. that lead to the major change of having our retirement home built a few years early. My wife and I have moved from just outside Philadelphia to a very small town in southerner Illinois. we live on a private lake on 10 acres. After lots of rehab I am back fishing and have bought a new G3 1610 that has a Suzuki 9.9 that has a 20hp mod. so I can fish the many limited HP lakes around. its my FIRST TIN !!! I look forward to getting back in touch with some older members if they are still around and meeting the new ones

i'm in a similar boat as you.i was off work for a year awaiting knee replacement.finally got it in dec.2019.had to go back in for manipulation due to scarring,now it's failed and i need to have my knee redone.the wife retired due to covid,and we've been isolating at our cottage since march. haven't seen the grandkids in 6 months.father in law passed in july.so now we're selling off all our properties and retiring up to the lakehouse.been fishing alot and putting many miles on the side by side.i even bought a couple kayaks and have started fishing from them once in a while.my life has gotten very quiet and simple and really slowed down.i can officially retire at 55.a year and a half to go.

Latest posts