Latest muzzleloader build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Well, 1 of the 2 boats is already put away and wrapped for the Winter ... wrapped now to mainly keep the Fall leaves OUT of her, LOL. So it's time to get back into the muzzleloading projects. Having completed a 62-caliber flintlock smoothbore last year, this year it was a 50-caliber flint MZL longrifle, to which I added carving (my 1st attempt) and am now finishing with hand-rubbed oil coats. The stock is premium grade tiger-striped maple and the barrel is a swamped (thinner in the waist) round-bottomed grooved barrel by Getz.

Looking pretty good, huh?
Oil1.jpg

Oil2.jpg

Jim said:
Do you hunt with those?
Yes, I do, in fact I only hunt with muzzleloaders nowadays, mostly as I just enjoy the days afield. I'll be up in VT this Fall for their muzzleloading season. Thanks :D for the comments!

Attached are some camp photos, nice wood stove inside that you can't see, with the ~100-pound German Shepherd on guard!:
BP Tent1.jpg

BP Tent2.jpg

Wow Dale I am super impressed. You are the man! Want to adopt me? :D

That remote camping/hunting is on my list of things to do at least once before I die. :beer:

And here is a picture of Bear, my 9 month old DDR German Shepherd. He is 95-100 pounds right now.
3841c05f9c82fa150fd504ddae40d188.jpg

021a68c0e05faab233cdc84171f3d860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim said:
That remote camping/hunting is on my list of things to do at least once before I die. :beer:
Take up 'real' muzzleloading and I can get you into a camp. We have 2 tents and sometimes set them up together, one big 10' wide by 22' tent, with a wood stove at each end; one for heat (sleeping/social side) and the other stove for cooking (and gear storage area).

We also go to the deep woods of PA and setup a Winter camp between Xmas and New Years, for their flintlock-only muzzleloading deer season, but we're not sure the camp site will be open this Winter, due to Covid ...

Latest posts