Replacement boat seats.....good ones.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of Tempress helm style seats and love them. Very comfortable. I invested in some covers to protect the seats when not in use and I think that is a big help in maintaining them. A couple of other benefits of the covers are that the seats have a plastic "bucket" which will catch water and hold it. The covers address that. And after driving through fog or drizzle I can sit down in a dry seat.

I also have a couple of Tempress brand folding seats and have literally used one of them one time. They are stored on a shelf up in the garage so I expect they will last a long time! Haha.

I'm looking at the Tempress Probax

anyone have any input with those? Local guy made me an offer on the two navistyle seats I currently have and I'm thinking about taking it, and then getting the probax seats.

turbotodd said:
The problem is, the foam is broken down. The upholstery is in great shape and is clean, no cracking or anything but the foam-is broken down and after about 5 minutes I'm feeling the seat frame under the foam. But they are also 10 years old now, and I use my boat all year round so I should not complain. But I am looking around for seats to replace them.
I had the same problem. I had the local auto upholstery shop replace the foam with automotive foam. Made my ten year old seats like new again. That was two years ago.

Replacement seats are a good idea. There are so many crummy ones out there.
The yachting catalogues for big boats, have totally different quality seats. You can spend as much as you want though.

I use Attwood Padded Boat Seat. It offers all the essentials of jon boat seats and can help prevent back pain and other issues.It offers the utmost comfort for anyone who sits in it, and you can spend the entire day fishing with hardly any pain.

Latest posts