Trailer bunk height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have an aluminum Tracker V16. I picked up a new ( to me) trailer but had rollers. I have everything for bunks but need to order bunker bracket risers. Is there a method to determine height? They come in 6" up to 11" tall? Is goal to just clear trailer? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You will probably need the tall ones for a Deep V.

That's really the only reason I can see behind the different options, the taller ones allow more room between the keel and the trailer cross members for V bottom boats, flat bottoms need hardly any bunk height.

You would need to measure from the lowest part of the keel to the area between the strakes where the bunks ride to determine how high they need to be.

Here's my trailer when it had the rollers compared to the bunks now. I have a mod-v and it sat 5" too high with the rollers. I think my bunk brackets are the 6" ones and I have the front ones as low as possible and the rear ones are raised about 1". So this might give you an idea of how much height you need. It will depend on how far apart you space the bunks as to how high they will need to be. I aligned mine right along the strakes on the bottom of the boat and it's like automatic centering which loads so easily.
trailer3.jpg
trailer4.jpg

JL8Jeff said:
Here's my trailer when it had the rollers compared to the bunks now. I have a mod-v and it sat 5" too high with the rollers. I think my bunk brackets are the 6" ones and I have the front ones as low as possible and the rear ones are raised about 1". So this might give you an idea of how much height you need. It will depend on how far apart you space the bunks as to how high they will need to be. I aligned mine right along the strakes on the bottom of the boat and it's like automatic centering which loads so easily.
trailer3.jpg
trailer4.jpg

That is a nice comparison. My trailer has these unusual brackets that don't have the same range of adjustability. I'm not sure why EZ Loader used that style. The ones you used seem pretty standard.

By the way, I hope you solved the regulator/rectifier problem.

I would add rollers to the two cross-members closest to the roller up by the bow (not to the aft-most cross member)

onthewater102 said:
I would add rollers to the two cross-members closest to the roller up by the bow (not to the aft-most cross member)

There are only 2 crossmembers, what looks like a middle one is the axle. If I add a roller to the front crossmember, I would need to raise the front of the bunks by a bit which I don't want to do.

Sorry - you're right, looked too quickly. The axle would be sitting deeper below the trailer frame.

I would be concerned you'd hit that crossmember with your 'V''ed hull on certain boat ramps.

onthewater102 said:
I would be concerned you'd hit that crossmember with your 'V''ed hull on certain boat ramps.

There's not much of a V, it's a mod V hull. I watched it close the first few times I loaded the boat but the bunks hold the hull up enough to clear the crossmember.

Latest posts