Today’s cook

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Today I’m cooking 2 pork butts and some pork belly burnt ends. I’m trying a new rub called killer hogs the bbq rub on both the butts and the pork belly. I will then finish the burnt ends off with kosmos cherry habanero sauce.

I’m giving one of the butts and 3/4 of the pork belly to someone less fortunate than me who is alone and has no one really. He is a great kid and I always want him to feel that there is someone he can reach out to if he needs anything or just to talk.

Let’s go! This will be an epic smoke!
d3e60391e5e3ff9a52a10eb701f75d2e.jpg

8647b1a37b27865ce7e31f5d50a4dfec.jpg

86ebd7d01c727bd64c7e27c45367102a.jpg

1e0d38420d1a4db7176c958d651df95f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything came out good. I will never say “excellent”, but I was super happy with the results. The Burnt Ends were perfect and a big hit. That Cherry Habanero sauce from Kosmos is just fantastic. Not overly “fruity” or spicy. Just enough. I will be buying more, but directly from the kosmos website and not Amazon. The cost difference is huge.

To be honest the next day I rushed to make pork belly burnt ends from the other half and that was a big mistake. I put the pork on the smoker frozen so I could have guests try them......stupid. They did not render correctly, they needed another hour or so on the smoker. We still ate them but definitely not as good as day one. Live and learn. You can’t rush perfection.

Latest posts