Crater Lake (Oregon)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
We made an 8 hour drive up north with the travel trailer to a forestry campground about 20 miles from Crater Lake. It is my first time in that part of the country. The scenery throughout the area is spectacular.

We left our campsite of 68 deg temps to come home to 109 deg's. I wanted to turn around and go back! Haha

Here are a couple of pics of Crater Lake. As the name implies a volcano blew its top about 7,000 years ago. The deepest part is 1,943', with an average depth of over 1,100'. Incredible shades of blue and I read that the water is so clear you can see down 143'.

Crater Lake1.jpg
Crater Lake2.jpg

Beautiful! It’s great you could get up there. Living on the flat prairies of central Canada, I love going to the mountains out west, which isn’t often enough because of the 15 hour drive. My sister lives in Sant Rosa, kind of jealous about how close she is to the beauty of the Pacific northwest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

overboard said:
Absolutely gorgeous, where's the boat launch! :lol:

Of course I checked. There is fishing allowed. No limits applicable and no license required. But, to get down to the bank, it is a one mile trail with a 700' elevation change. A little too steep for my tastes. :D

freimer said:
Beautiful! It’s great you could get up there. Living on the flat prairies of central Canada, I love going to the mountains out west, which isn’t often enough because of the 15 hour drive. My sister lives in Sant Rosa, kind of jealous about how close she is to the beauty of the Pacific northwest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My middle son lives in Santa Rosa. I was just there yesterday. We headed over to the coast for some surf fishing and had some lunch on our way back at a place in Sebastopol.

I haven’t had the chance to visit them yet, but looking forward to it someday. No surf fishing on the prairies. Might have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attwanl said:
Very nice!
How long did you stay?

Sorry, I someone missed your question. The place we camped was about 20 miles from Crater Lake. We stayed there three days. Spent an afternoon sightseeing around Crater lake. There is a lodge right there at Crater Lake. We could have easily spent more time, but our kids and their significant others had to get back to work.

Latest posts