86 Starcraft BASSV170 Rebuild/refit

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinyl is here. Had to go recover it from my neighbors porch, but I called UPS and explained to them that the driver has repeatedly done this and gave them a better description of hey it's the driveway next to the mailbox not the one across from it with the other mailbox. Lol.
I also was able to get some resin to seal all the wood. So the paint will be just for color lol.

Just ordered the seastar NFB 4.2 no feedback steering system and a 13.5" wheel. Hopefully I can get the cable in the tilt tube without pulling the engine off for the third time. Lol. Plan to work on the wood today and hopefully if I can get some decent glue to use with this vinyl I can get a few panels permanently installed by tomorrow night.

Nothing to do with the boat, but I had a project recently that I saturated with epoxy resin. I stated with mixing up 4 ounces. I was surprised how far it goes.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vinyl installed.

All the wood rough cut.

Attachments

• IMG_20210728_182943.jpg
    IMG_20210728_182943.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 541
  • IMG_20210728_182922.jpg
    IMG_20210728_182922.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 541
  • IMG_20210728_182915.jpg
    IMG_20210728_182915.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 541
Need glue, Staples, and a round over bit for the router. So a trip to the big box stores is in order today. Problem is the hour drive each way. Grrrr.

I really need to figure out how to do the flush hatches. Wood, aluminum, whatever, my front deck needs to be redone. I know there are plenty of resources out there. Plywood on the other hand isn't exactly budget friendly these days

Well no 1/2" shank bits and no collet reducer's either. So......... :cry: Got two of the forward deck panels resin coated and most of the wiring harness laid out. Ordered the Staples. As well as the boot and drain tube for the splash well.

I had ordered a new splash well boot, I think it was Sea Dog brand a few months ago, and after 2 months of not shipping I finally got it canceled. I guess they just weren't getting anymore of those in, probably made overseas...

For those doing vinyl, I can say that regular carpet glue will eventually work if you have weeks for it to dry. Yes I said weeks. The vinyl locks in the moisture. So I found an upholstery shop willing to sell me a gallon of landau top glue. Ist a high temp contact adhesive. Seen where it's used in auto upholstery so should be just the ticket. We shall see today. If I can find a roller. Grrrr.

Got a bunch of sanding done in preparation for resin. Got the switches installed. Not entirely straight but it is going to be ok. My OCD will subside eventually. I need better metal working tools. Oh well add those to the new list. Also got new seats.

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_210053.jpg
    IMG_20210807_210053.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 545
Looks like if nothing else I will get to support my addiction to building these things by doing it for others. The landlord asked me why I'm NOT doing this for a living and has been advertising me lol. So now I have people calling and at least asking me what I charge. 🤣

Last needed part I ordered is at the post office. The one I drove past on my way home to find out it's there not here. 🤣 So I'm off to the post office I guess. Oh well I can go to the dump while I'm out.

Latest posts