Scored a Mitchell 300

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Every once in a while we join a good friend for their annual neighborhood garage sale. It is really more for the fun of it than anything else but we did sell about $200 worth of stuff we no longer needed.

I saw a guy had a bunch of rods so went over to check things out. I bought a Garcia Mitchell 300 for $15. It is one of the Made in France models.

When we were kids having a Mitchell 300 was a pretty big deal. I finally got one!! Haha

Mitchell300.jpg

Good score!

FWIW a friend is assisting on an estate sale now and says there's a box full of fishing reels including a few Mitchell 300s. I'll see what I can get them for, if you want another ...

DaleH said:
Good score!

FWIW a friend is assisting on an estate sale now and says there's a box full of fishing reels including a few Mitchell 300s. I'll see what I can get them for, if you want another ...

Thanks for the offer Dale. I guess having this one will see me through. I'm looking forward to cleaning it up and putting some line on it.

I had one of those boxes of reels. It contained some Penn conventional reels and some old Daiwa and Olympic spinning reels. My son has it now.

Latest posts