Tin Ark

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Ark

Reaction score
So after searching FBOOK Market Place for over 2 years, I found the Unicorn last night at 7 pm. Met seller this afternoon at 6 and Pa pow, mine. 1997 SeaArk 1872 with an Owens and Sons aluminum trailer. Hull is solid as hell. Cosmetics not so much but I’m going to have it media blasted and spray it with Awlgrip. Trailer is solid as the boat and well known local manufacturer. Boat and trailer need rewiring. But I paid $3,000 so pretty pleased there. Going to hang a 90 or 115 tiller on it. Last 1872 I found like this was in 2009 and did a full build here under my old screen name Badbagger.

This was my previous build under "Badbagger: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29196

Attachments

• 3E1F463F-80BA-492E-9BB3-D06B0E87027F.jpeg
    3E1F463F-80BA-492E-9BB3-D06B0E87027F.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,170
  • 73F08ED4-4F3C-4D60-BC33-04A160103257.jpeg
    73F08ED4-4F3C-4D60-BC33-04A160103257.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,170
  • C019BC10-1F89-447A-A478-1C1B4458AEB5.jpeg
    C019BC10-1F89-447A-A478-1C1B4458AEB5.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 1,170
Nice find. Look forward to seeing your progress. I haven’t seen any big tiller mods on here.
That thing is going to be a beast! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, I have stood inside an 1860 and 1872 side by side. No comparison in size at all. Going to start with having hull and trailer media blasted. Waiting on a quote, sent request out this morning by email. Figure with Thanksgiving week, it may be a little wait.

Great buy !

have you ever seen the cable show (I think) entitled "Swamp People"? Folks who live in the great swamps in the couth who fish (I call it hunt) for alligators. A lot of the boats they use seem to resemble your TinArk. VERY stable--the boats, not the people.

Bet wishes.

Lol that I have, I’m in Crystal River FL and have watched that show. They run mud boats, lot of guides run them here.

A beast of a boat ........ did a GOOGLE SEARCH on them ..... they have a strong retail value. Looking forward to following the resurrection of this floatation devise.

bowfished a good many times out of one identical to it. 88hp Jonny at first, blew that up and put a 200 on it (offshore), also a Jonny. Mid 50's with the 200 if you could stand the noise.

had a 18" raised deck over the front, that we made. 18" over the top of the gunwales. Raised center of gravity tremendously, with two (sometimes 3) of us standing on that deck, the boat was still very very stable. Yes it will move around a little but nothing like a 1436! 2500w generator in the back, and after a night's tournament, 300-500 fish laying in the bottom of the boat. First time out, I learned quick-better be wearing muck boots. Later on we came up with this "great idea", let's get a couple trash cans from the dollar store. Poof! less mess in the hull, and easier to clean up after dawn (fished from 6pm to 4am).

good boat. Tough too.

later on after I gave up bowfishing, I was starting to get back into deer hunting. I got access to an area that produced good numbers and great size, but it was only accessible by foot, after using a boat to get there (island on the river). I don't do well with a lot of walking and the island is about 230 acres at normal water level. So, my friend and I designed a flip up/down ramp for the front, and built a flat deck. Drive the 4 wheeler up onto the deck, crank the ramp up, then motor over to the island. Let the ramp down, ride the 4 wheeler to wherever I was going, then repeat. Worst part was trying to load with it on the deck, couldn't see the trailer. But managed just fine.

Those hulls bring a lot of money too, as you probably already know. Niche market for them. Hard to find for that reason.

You are right, that's one stable boat even with 3 on the bow. Been there and done that, the best thing to me about the Mod V is that it's a blank canvas and as you know, ya can do anything to them including loading up a 4 wheeler in them. IMHO, they are the best built production welded hull available and I have owned most of them except Xpress which I would not own due to the issue with bad welds. As you said, they bring top dollar and are very hard to find in the used market. I looked for years before finding this one. It was just meant to be and I lucked out. This boat I will keep till I die and then give it to my grandson and he can pass it down to his children. Funny thing, the older SeaArk hulls IMHO are built better than the newer ones which I had crawled all over.

Nice boat, I followed your original build remember it well. I have done tons of welding/mods for folks on them. FYI they have 0.125 hulls.

Thanks, this is part 2 LOL. Selling that was a MAJOR mistake and one I won't make again. On the good, I gained a lot of experience and knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one so planning things was a lot easier. Worst part so far? Removing the floor. I'm going to update my rescue project thread this afternoon which is here: https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?t=49236

My previous build as you know was here: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29196

Latest posts